Bison 64 Club series wiring

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bison 64 Club series wiring

Postby mr_gemini0103 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:05 am

Hi, I am new to the forum, and I hope I'm not asking something that's already out there. I have just bought a gorgeous Bison 64 Club to go with my White Marvin, Greenburst Double 6 Club, White Baldwin 60's Double 6 project, Green Steer with cutaway and 1961 Black Bison 4 pickup ( serial number 71 - as seen in Burns adverts at the time). I have a problem with the Bison 64 which is the fairly rare version with a 5 way pickup toggle switch and a 3 way tone toggle switch. Unfortunately, the wiring has been 'played' with, and although I've tried to make sense of it to put it back to original spec, I'm not at all convinced that I've got it right. Does anyone please have an original wiring diagram for this variation - or maybe could take some close up photos of their guitar that I could use as a template to rewire it correctly ?. Thankfully, the twin choke and capacitor are still in the guitar.

With many thanks, Michael
mr_gemini0103

Full Real Name: Michael Breach

Re: Bison 64 Club series wiring

Postby nivramarvin » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi Michael,

I´ve got a Bison 64 Copy from 2016. Hope this helps. - Wolfgang

Kabeljau quer.jpeg
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Re: Bison 64 Club series wiring

Postby mr_gemini0103 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:49 pm

Wolfgang - thank you so much, that's absolutely perfect, I'm looking forward to hearing that dog go wild ! Vielen Dank, Michael, Swansea, Wales
mr_gemini0103

Full Real Name: Michael Breach

Return to Burns