Apache

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Apache

Postby buckshot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 am

G'day,
Just got my Apache back from my guitarfixitman and he had never set up a Burns before. He did a fantastic job but the best thing was what he said. Quote" This sounds better than any Strat I have played and this the Strat that Fender never made" I was quite chuffed.(Got up him though when he said it was an ugly bugger). Thats the youth of today!! :D
cheers
Buckshot
buckshot

Re: Apache

Postby dave robinson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am

He needs to buy a decent Strat then . . . . . . :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby McShadow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:13 pm

yeah, and he'll get one as good as an apache for only 5 times the price :D
McShadow

Postby buckshot » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:09 am

Thanks for the back up McShadow. I was just thinking, what would my luither know. He has only been a guitarist full on for around 20 years and is highly respected in his job. I own a few "topline" Strats as well and I suppose it's all up to the individual on how they perceive sound .
Cheers
Buckshot :wave: :lol:
buckshot

Postby McShadow » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:59 pm

i have 2 strats as well as an apache and a marquee and the apache is top of my list... easily!! :D
McShadow

Postby Rover » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi Buckshot, I am seriously thinking of buying a new Burns Apache, just wondered what you thought of yours. It is obvious from your thread that you are happy with it, but any comments, good or bad would be appreciated. Is it better than a strat?
regards Rover
Rover

Full Real Name: Roger Dyball

Postby McShadow » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi
i also have an apache and absolutely love it! i guess it depends what you are looking for. there are so many people for whom anything without the "F" word on the headstock is no good. is there anyone in your area with an apache or any of the marvin based guitars to try? Im near edinburgh if thats any help? you are welcome to try mine

regards
Ian
McShadow

Postby almano » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:05 pm

I’ve got a transparent red Apache on order at the moment – there’s a delay with the cases, so it looks like around the end of the year before I get it – but I bet it’s going to knock my pair of Strats into a cocked hat.

I have to admit that I haven’t even bothered picking up one of the Strats for a while now – in fact I now prefer my Ibanez jazz semi as a favourite until the Apache arrives.

If looks alone are anything to go by, the transparent red Apache wins the jackpot in my humble opinion! The Burns have that magical quality - “character” - which other well known makes can only strive to match.

Have a look on the Burns web site and check out the transparent red ones – they are supreme!

Cheers,

Alan.
almano

Postby buckshot » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:06 am

G'day Rover,
I have had my Apache for about a year. I have hardly played it until now. Had it set up as I said and it plays beautiful . I have put on Burns 10's with the wound 3rd. I play it using the Magicstomp and AC30 TB. I love the sound of it. To me it was money well spent.
Cheers
Buckshot.
p.s. My strat is better to play my surf music(The Atlantics ) tunes on, but for the Shads the Burns is No.1
buckshot

Postby Strummer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi guys,

Its taken me ages to get back on this board?? However, here I is as they a say in pure grammatical terms, innit? Lol!

I own three Burns guitars:
a) A Burns Cobra in Fiesta Red
b) A Burns Marvin, all white etc.
c) A Burns Apache (all white with Gold fittings)

ALL my Burns guitars, without exception, play like a dream. I LOVE them all. I want a Burns Apache in Fiesta Red...but, its about ££££ and I want to buy some effects and a new Amp, soooo....? :roll:
Strummer

Next

Return to Burns