Apache

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Apache

Postby burns.apache » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Hello fellow Burns fans, my name is Ray and I have been a Shadows fan since I was a boy And Im now reaching retirement, I saw the burns apache advertised in the guitar buyer and got straight on the phone to Barry Gibson from Burns of London to put down my deposit and secure one of these guitars.
The delivery date was finally here after what seemed like months of waiting, I have my burns apache number 72 in white and the pictures in the magazines dont do this masterpiece justice, wow i couldnt think of a way to explain how i was feeling, this is beter than any guitar i have ever drempt about it was just stunning.
I was told by a good friend of mine that Cliff and the Shadows were doing a signing at HMV in londons Oxford street to promote their new album and dvd for the reunited tour, what a dream a chance to meet my idol Hank Marvin, We had to que up all night in the pooring rain but I was just worried about getting my Apache wet so i covered the case in a few black sacks just waiting for the doors to open.
Morning came and I am so proud, I got my guitar signed by Cliff, Hank, Bruce and Brian and in a way its even more special to me as they have all touched it too but there was still 1 more signature that I really had to get and that was Jet Harris's there was a perfect space left between the others for him to sign and last year at shadowmania i was told he would be at Shadowmania so I had to do it I had to go.
I have now met Cliff, Hank, Bruce, Brian and Jet and they have all signed by Burns Apache guitar and they have all touched it too, i went to try to get a rough idea of what this would be worth and was told that as he hadn't ever seen another one like it that it would be impossible to put a value on it, I would never ever sell it but I would Love to know how much value I have added or even lost by getting it signed, if anyone knows or wants to guess then please do I need to put a value on it for the insurance company and apparantly "priceless" is not an amount
completly signed apache.jpg
My Burns Apache
(449.83 KiB) Downloaded 2417 times
burns.apache

Previous

Return to Burns