Marquee vibrato - tremolo

For any discussion specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Marquee vibrato - tremolo

Postby dave robinson » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 pm

That's great news, Barry has always been helpful when I've had reason to call. To add to what you were saying about other companies, G&L were good to me this week when I contacted them about a missing allen screw on the vibrato of a second hand S-500 I have just bought. They are sending me some free of charge. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby RecasterGuitarWorkshop » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post so I'll introduce myself here briefly.

I run a small independent guitar repair workshop in the NW England, UK.

I realise I'm resurrecting an old thread here:

Recently a customer brought in a guitar in for a set up and I notice the bridge was sitting really high above the body.
The tremolo unit is 'The Point Classic'.
The point retention bar cast zinc and has warped.
I contacted Burns who told me the steel version will set me back £74 (roughly $100 US). I am still in shock 3 days later!

Does anyone know how I can get one at a reasonable price? After all, it's a steel bar, 71x6x11mm with 7 holes in it. I could make one for less than £74, but I'm think this should be a £5 part from Burns.
RecasterGuitarWorkshop

Postby anniv 63 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 pm

For £74 , I would expect the full trem system screws steel block etc as a replacement system
complete.
Its certainly fairly expensive, and have they given you any trade discount at all?

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby RecasterGuitarWorkshop » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:32 pm

There is a solution from a guy in the UK called Bob Hackett who is helping Charles Fisher resolve the issue for European customers.
It appears Barry Gibson was helping resolve issues arising from the incorrectly fitted part, but something seems to have changed and this is currently not the case.

For £5 including Bob sent me a replacement steel 'point bar' which I received with 24 hours or messaging him.

Bob's email is bob_hackett_2003@yahoo.co.uk
RecasterGuitarWorkshop

Previous

Return to Burns