Marquee vibrato - tremolo

For any discussion specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Marquee vibrato - tremolo

Postby Bill Bowley » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:55 am

Maurice,

Great to see you on the net again, long time no see! ;)

I have always classed your Marquee set-up doc as one of the 'must haves' in my guitar reference collection, and rate it as the 'Duchoissoir' (to coin a phrase sort -of) of that particular BURNS model.

Keep on rockin, mate! :)

Regards

Bill Bowley
Bill Bowley

Postby flingelbunt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 am

Hi Bill!

Yes, been away a bit too long- thanks for posting my Marquee upgrade thingee- incredibly, I wrote that a flippin' long time ago!! I'm hoping to get 'Bungleflint' up and running again soon, as I have a potential rhythm player keen to join- I'm really missing the buzz of playing a live gig. I've been playing with a scratch band doing occasional 'Open Mike Nights' in a local pub, for not much money, but the occasional cup of tea.........(?)

Happy new year down under mate!!

Maurice
A guitarist of little notes!! ;)
flingelbunt

Postby Bill Bowley » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:15 am

Maurice,

And a belated Happy New Year to you too! ;)

BTW, I'd love to put my hand up for an auditon for the rythym guitarist job in your new lineup, but I somehow think the travel to practice sessions and gigs would be a bit more than my budget would support at the moment - If your intended Rythym Guitarist doesn't work out I can recommend Cockroach though, most South Australians seem to have a lot of time on their hands! ;)
Bill Bowley

Postby cockroach » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:13 pm

If I could get over there , I'd take the gig - that'll pay them back for the cricket...
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby flingelbunt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:18 pm

I 'd start our set with 'Cricket Bat Boogie'- would you be able to get through that without getting 'stumped' on the chords?.... (puts on head guard & gets out of way quickly!!.....) :D

Maurice (Lord Flingel of Buntshire)
;)
flingelbunt

Postby JimN » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm

flingelbunt wrote:I 'd start our set with 'Cricket Bat Boogie'- would you be able to get through that without getting 'stumped' on the chords?.... (puts on head guard & gets out of way quickly!!.....) :D

Maurice (Lord Flingel of Buntshire)
;)

If you're playing Shads stuff, you've got to keep the amp controls nice and simple.

You have to switch that silly "mid" off, for a start.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Bill Bowley » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 pm

To the top -for Gus. ;)
Bill Bowley

Postby hollander4 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.
Cheers
Gus.
hollander4

Postby Bill Bowley » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Gus,

Mate, I just 'passed on' the info, Maurice is the man who did the hard work writing the guide!

BTW, here's the last known contact for Charles Fisher (Point Classic):SKIPF@windstream.net

Hope that works, he was very helpful to me when I needed info on that trem system.

Regards ;)
Bill Bowley

Postby Roger the Pirate » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi Guys this is my first post on this site. I have looked at posts before but never registered.

My story - 12 years ago I purchased a Burns Marquee to gig with - I wanted something different from my Hofner Verithin and Epiphone rockabilly guitars. I used the Burns a couple of times and it kept breaking strings and the ferrules locked in the tremolo block. I put it in the case and forgot about it as I had no time to look at the problem. Fast forward 12 years to a month ago. Epiphone frets are getting flat, Hofners are getting old so out came the Marquee for the first time in 12 years. Still breaking strings!!!!!

I contacted Burns about the problem by email - had an answer from Barry Gibson within an hour. Brilliant. He put me onto Charles Fisher of 'point classic tremolos' who answered within 12 hours of my original inquiry. Even more 'brilliant'. From the information received and the support given the Burns is now back in action and being gigged - and no broken strings.

I would just like to say that this is the best after sales service I have ever had (I have over twenty guitars), there willingness to help even though the warranty ran out over a decade ago left me wondering if I would have go the same response from one of the more "in your face guitar companies".

This is just to say; I still love my Burns, I have a Bison bass as well, and they look sooooo cool and a pleasure to play.

Great site, keep up the good work.
Roger
Roger the Pirate

PreviousNext

Return to Burns