Honeycombs on YouTube

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Honeycombs on YouTube

Postby Iain Purdon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:18 am

Nice to see those Bisons in action, and also to note the stage suits and movements. I suspect they'd been influenced by some other singer and his band.

Is it just me or does Honey Lantree seem to belong to the Ringo Starr/Dave Clark school of drumming?

I had no idea, until reading someone's comment on YouTube, that this song may have been about the love that dare not speak its name. Appropriate for Joe Meek, whose last #1 hit it was.

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby shadowhunters » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Well many many people but a few that come to mind are Alan Price, The Animals, James Jefferson bass player, members of the Four Tops, The Ronnetts, members of Spencer Davis Group with the exception of Stevie Winwood, The Kinks with the exception of Ray Davies, Wilson Pickett, all the 60s groups with the exception of the main man, The Pretty Things, The Yardbirds, Lee Dorsey, Terry Jacks, Floyd Cramer, The Sweet, Patti Smyth, The Guess Who, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Martha and the Vandells, Barry Maguire, Peter Paul and Mary, Peter and Gordon, Marianne Faithful, Mc Coys, members of Them, Julie Felix, Bo Diddley, Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons, The Swinging Blue Jeans, Lovin Spoonful, Chris Farlowe, Donavan, The Byrds, The Turtles, Patti La Belle, Small Faces, Moody Blues, Sam and Dave, Walker Bros, Procol Haram, Tommy Tucker, Dave Berry, Len Berry, Shirelles, The Three Degrees, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Joan Osborne, Bonnie Riatt, Gordon lightfoot, Yes, Buffy Saint Marie, Joan Biaze, Mary Wells, all the old blues men. :thumbup: :crazy: if you can help me with any of these and any others you can think of :D :shock:

That should keep you busy ;)

Sam. :lol:
shadowhunters

Postby JimN » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:32 am

shadowhunters,

The Spencer Davies Group:

All of the original members (Winwood, Winwood, Davies, York) are still alive. Muff Winwood is probably retired from his job as a record producer. Spencer and Peter still work as the SDG with other musicians. I saw them live a few years ago.

The Yardbirds:

All survive except (of course) Keith Relf, who was killed by electrocution back in the seventies. Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page are well known. Top Topham (the original lead guitarist) was an obscurity from the word go*. Paul Samwell-Smith became a very successful record-producer. Jim McCarty and Chris Dreja still perform as (the proprietors of) The Yardbirds. I saw them live a few years ago.

Peter, Paul and Mary:

Mary Travers died in 2009.

The rest of your list can almost certainly be tracked down with the aid of Google.

JN

[In trendy circles (of which, of course, I am not a member), that is usually nowadays rendered as from the get go - just as though it actually meant anything.]
Last edited by JimN on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby George Geddes » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:57 am

By James Jefferson, I assume you mean the legendary James Jamerson, who sadly died in 1983; He was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of Fame in 2000.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby shadowhunters » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:34 pm

James, George, thanks very much :) I forgot about google thanks very much again

Sam. :)
shadowhunters

Previous

Return to Burns