Burns Marque and Zoom505 effect pedal

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Marque and Zoom505 effect pedal

Postby Chris.T » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Hello
I am 12 years old and love playing shadows music, I have a Burns Marque, and a Squire Amp, I borrow dads zoom 505 effect box but cannot get the sound right, dad plays his Strat it it sound good I play the Burns and it doesnt sound right, we both have the same strings, 9 gauge. Dads a lefty thats why I cant play his guitars. I play Guitar Tango on my Ovation that sounds ok (the ovation was in a second hand shop for £60 I got a bargain.) If anyone can help with settings would love to hear from you.
Chris.T

Re: Burns Marque and Zoom505 effect pedal

Postby Hank2k » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Chris

Welcome to the club,

I must admit i havent used the 505 but the 508 is a very good pedal for shads sounds and maybe some of the settings can be used on the 505. Im sure someone will be along shortly that will confirm. Good to hear young ones carrying on the music, the shadows stuff is great fun to play. Where abouts are you based?
There are a number of shadows clubs up and down the country and im sure members will assist you in your search of that sound.

Thanks

Steve
Hank2k

Postby TonyA » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi
The Zoom 505 is (I am sure) a reverb pedal, the one you want is the Zoom 508 which is a delay pedal.
This is now very difficult to obtain although Ebay may have one.

An alternative is the Zoom G2 which when programmed with Charlie Hall's Echoes From The Past(as for the 508) will allow you to sound like 'the man'.

There are other pedals out there but these are the cheapest solution.
I hope this helps
Tony
TonyA

Full Real Name: Tony Arrowsmith

Postby JimN » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:33 am

TonyA wrote:Hi
The Zoom 505 is (I am sure) a reverb pedal

The Zoom 505 pedal (I have one, along with the matching volume/expression pedal) is a multi-effects unit with reverb, delay. multi-echo, chorus, distortion and other sounds. It doesn't do tremolo, disappointingly.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to Burns