Marquee Pro

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Marquee Pro

Postby geoff1711 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi All

A couple of weeks back I saw on Ebay one of the Marquee pro (list price £579) at a start price of £299, I placed a bid and won it at that, it's probably the best bargain I've ever had.

I've had a couple of Marquees before, one was from the first batch, the other a later Sutherland Trading edition, but this is just in a different league.

It doesn't sound like a Marvin of course, because the trem and pickups are different, but the Trisonics are a bit like single coil pickups on steroids, they don't seem to be much louder but in tone they have all the twang plus good warmth, my ideal sound straight out of the box, they're not noiseless, but, due to being completely encased are well shielded and pretty quiet unless you actually lean the guitar against your amp.

The trem is a twin post Wilkinson job the one with the recessed saddles and steel block.

And the neck.... simply great.

Even the logo and control names are engraved, it also has Marvin knobs and pickup selector switch tip.

For me the only slight downside is the Basswood body, plenty of pro guitars have basswood bodies and most cheaper models, it sounds really good but they can be a bit soft whereas Ash or Alder are a bit tougher, but I can certainly live with it.

To say this is just another Marquee would be similar to saying that a Marvin is a Marquee with a different trem, they may look similar but that's where it ends.

Geoff
geoff1711

Return to Burns