Marquee club series

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Marquee club series

Postby John Haldane » Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi
Has anyone tried or heard this Burns guitar if so are they a good buy.

Regards
John H
John Haldane

Re: Marquee club series

Postby Mikey » Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Many of the member here own Marquee and most speak very highly of them.I had one but sold it which I later regretted. Here's the tech spec. straight off the net:

Body: Agathis double cutaway Strat style.
Pickguard: Three piece pearloid with 22 screw fittings.
Neck: Flamed maple.
Fretboard: Rosewood.
Headstock: Maple Scroll.
Machineheads: Burns.
Frets: 22 medium, with a zero fret.
Bridge: Tremolo (though The Man in The Jar would call it a Vibrato).
Pickups: 3 Rez-O-Matic single coils.
Controls: Single Volume Pot, five-way pickup selector switch, two tone pots, the first dedicated to the bridge pickup, and is also a push/pull for three more settings, and the second controls both the other pickups.

The Greenburst colour with gold hardware is a particularly nice example. They are also excellent value for money and of course, they have that great Burns tone!
Mikey

Postby John Haldane » Sun May 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi Mikey
Thanks for the info,the one I hope to get is Black , and as you say all gold fittings, if it plays and sounds as good as it looks i will be one happy chappy.

regards
JohnH
John Haldane

Postby Jay Bass » Sun May 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi John
I Bought One of The first club series marquee 6 string,white, maple, Tortoise shell ,gold etc in 1999/2000 ish
The finish , feel and playability were excellent.
sound wise it was as good as a Jap strat,but dont expect it to sound anything like a burns marvin
The Marquee And Marvins etc are completely different animals.
But all in all the marquee was a good budget guitar i think i paid £299 new back then.

regards
Jay
cv pictures 007 copy.jpg
cv pictures 007 copy.jpg (78.84 KiB) Viewed 10813 times
Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Postby John Haldane » Tue May 10, 2011 2:54 pm

One of the reasons why I bought it was, it was new ,and under £180-00 as the shop is closing down and gold parts and the black body looked great.
not yet tried it at home yet,so cant say how it sounds.
John H
John Haldane

Postby geoff1711 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi John

so now you've got it home are you pleased with it?

Geoff
geoff1711

Postby John Haldane » Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi
Very Pleased with the guitar,like the sound very much,I have been playing through zoom G2 into Vox valvtronix, using a clean amp sim,when playing chords it sounds good, still not used it a lot for lead guitar, as my punishment for getting another guitar I have had to decorate the bathroom ,which seems to be taking for ever, I must say the finish of the guitar is 1st class and the gold against black finish really syicks out, will try and load up a photo.
John H
John Haldane

Postby geoff1711 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Punishment for a new guitar??

My old band was called The Smugglers coz that's how all the new kit got in the house!!

But once you have a few hanging on the wall and you keep rotating with those kept in cases / gig bags the odd new one slipped in tends to go un-noticed.

In our house we don't have joint bank accounts and we don't say "like my new shoes / dress / handbag / camera / guitar" etc

Of course it did used to help that my wife would take a foreign walking holiday for a week every year with her friends and that came in at about a couple of Mexican Strats.

Must close though before she reads this!!!!!!!!
geoff1711

Postby John Haldane » Tue May 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Hello
Could anyone tell me what gauge strings are fitted when new and should it have a gold trem ,as the chap in the shop said it came with chrome with black tip.

John H
John Haldane

Postby Nick Allan » Tue May 24, 2011 3:42 pm

John,

10's and yes, it should have a gold trem.

All the best,

Nick
Nick Allan

Next

Return to Burns