Burns Hank Marvin on US eBay

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Hank Marvin on US eBay

Postby Yankshadslover » Sun May 22, 2011 11:45 am

Greetings!

This is listed on eBay in the US and it's only a short distance from where I live. Can't find this model on the Burns website or in any of the literature. I have a 2004 Marvin Signature and it's certainly not one of those. I also have a Guards Red Marquee and it certainly is not one of those. Based on the description, it seems to be somewhere between the Marvin Signature and the Marquee. I'm inclined to go for it and am not overly concerned since the seller has perfect feedback and has sold Burns instruments in the past. Just looking for a bit of input from fellow Burns worshipers.

Cheers from California!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Yankshadslover

Re: Burns Hank Marvin on US eBay

Postby JimN » Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 pm

It looks as though the seller has already provided a lot of information. Want to check it with Burns UK?

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Yankshadslover » Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks Jim. Yes, I have sent the link to Barry Gibson.

Cheers,

John
Yankshadslover

Postby Sleepwalker63 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:33 pm

It's the red version of the Burns Signature Marvin:

http://www.burnsguitars.com/burnssignaturemarvinguitars.php
Sleepwalker63

Postby hbmartin » Mon May 23, 2011 8:26 am

Did the Burns Marvin also have THE SHADOWS CUSTOM EDITION plate on the back of the body? This one has and its has the number 662. Is it probably then the CUSTOM MODEL from 2009?
hbmartin

Postby neil2726 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm

This has come up before - not sure its same guitar though! barry Gibson said a few marvins were fitted with the custom plate in error. The guitar looks a standard 2004 Marvin. The Shads custom has gold hardware.
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby dave robinson » Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 pm

It isn't a Burns 'Marvin', it's a Shadows Custom - the model is written on the backplate. It looks like a continuation of the 2005 Shadows Custom that was gold plated and came with a signed certificate by Hank & Bruce. Nothing wrong with it at all, it's genuine, although I can see a 'Marvin' logo on the headstock - confusing. :?
If the signature on the trem plate is Hank & Bruce, it's The Shadows Custom - if it's just hank, then I guess that makes it a Marvin.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Yankshadslover » Tue May 24, 2011 5:26 am

Thanks All!

Appreciate all your input. Still waiting to hear from Barry Gibson. However, the seller confirmed that the trem plate is signed by Hank alone. Guess that makes it a Marvin with a Shadows neck plate, just like the listing said. I'll be going for it, even though I really should not. Burns guitars don't come available in the US often and I'd love a red Marvin to compliment my white one. Perhaps I can sell my red Marquee to partially offset the expenditure? Nah, I'll just keep them all! Life is short, especially on this side of 60!

Regards,

John
Yankshadslover

Postby dave robinson » Tue May 24, 2011 8:39 am

Definately a Marvin then, I have the red Shadows Custom that this is based on and it's a great guitar in every aspect. I'm still confused over the neckplate though. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Tab » Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 am

My Shadows Custom De Luxe #237 has a 'Marvin' logo on the headstock. I thought all of these were gold plated which the one on ebay isn't.
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Next

Return to Burns