Burns Marquee Point Classic Trem Unit

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Marquee Point Classic Trem Unit

Postby ernie1958 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:42 pm

:problem: Hey all..I don't know if anyone else has a Marquee like I have with a Point Classic trem unit,but here's the lowdown..
I bought this guitar second-hand and everything with it is ok except for one thing...NO WHAMMY BAR!! :wtf:
I asked the former owner if he still had it but no dice...he said he did not have it when he bought the guitar prior to me.
So I searched the inet for a replacement and came across the website for the Point Classic trem unit.After sending several faxes(the guy won't answer
to emails or phone calls.. :eh: ) still no response.So i decided to email Barry Gibson of Burns London in which he replied..."sorry..the Point Classic is no
longer used on the Marquee as so we do not have spare parts for it either".
So now I'm fooked I thought..how in blazes do I get a proper whammy bar for my Marquee??It's a push-in type and I haven't yet discovered any
equivalent for it! Maybe some of the members with any suggestions? Any help at all would be highly appreciated! ;)

Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Re: Burns Marquee Point Classic Trem Unit

Postby suboA21 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Ernie

My Squier Strat arm pushes in but would need bending up to clear on my Marquee fitted with a composite Burns and Point Technologies tremelo.

Or you could try this website
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Hardw ... rts?page=1

Kind Regards
Steve
suboA21

Postby RogerCook » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 pm

RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby John Boyd » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello Ernie,
Greetings from NZ.
When I asked the same question as you, a couple of years ago, I was pointed in the direction of AxesrUs.
They did have a gold push in arm to fit and a very kind member of the original SM site ( sorry can't remember his name right now) bought one for me and posted it out. It looked the part and did the job splendidly.
i'll have a trawl back through mey e-mails and see if I can find some further information.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby ernie1958 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:29 pm

8-)Thanks guys...some very useful info here..now to find out which trem arm would be the most appropriate as a substitute for the original
Point Classic trem arm! ;)
@ John...maybe you could tell me exactly which trem arm you got for yours seeing as I might need the same for mine?

Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Postby John Boyd » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello again Ernie,
Have found the information I mentioned previously.
The web site is www.axesrus.com and the good news is they do ship to Europe.
The trem arm is a WILKINSON VINTAGE 5mm drop/push in type in Gold or Chrome.
Priced at £5.
(This one has the plastic tip on the end, there is also one without).
You can access it from the tremelo section of the menu on the left of the main page.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
John Boyd
John Boyd

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 am

Ernie,
I had a Marquee I bought second hand about 2-3 years ago and the tremelo was U/S so I contacted these people and within a week or so they sent me a new unit, bar and all no questions asked. Don't know if your bridge is buggered or not but you will probably get the bar you want here.
regards Buckshot

http://pointtremolo.com/review_pointclassic.htm
buckshot

Postby ernie1958 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:57 pm

buckshot wrote:Ernie,
I had a Marquee I bought second hand about 2-3 years ago and the tremelo was U/S so I contacted these people and within a week or so they sent me a new unit, bar and all no questions asked. Don't know if your bridge is buggered or not but you will probably get the bar you want here.
regards Buckshot

http://pointtremolo.com/review_pointclassic.htm

8-) Well..I guess you've had more luck than I've had Tom...I've tried what you mentioned and up till now no dice from them!
I think I'll have to go along with John on this one...seems to me like a good solution if I can't get my hands on an original one.. :shock:

thnx for the input anyway m8! ;)

Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Postby d jones » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:55 pm

A big thank you to John for the info about the trem arms from Axesrus, ordered two on sunday, arrived today excellent service and excellent quality in crome or gold effect for £5 each with free postage. Spot on.
A Burns fan forever

Dave
d jones

Postby John Boyd » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:00 am

Dave,
Pleased to hear that your trem problem has been solved.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Next

Return to Burns