60s Splitsonic..wish Id kept it

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

60s Splitsonic..wish Id kept it

Postby me-and-my-shadow » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm

In the pic (1962) you can see two Burns Splitsonics...also two AC30s, purchased in Sound City London as I recall. Beautiful guitars and we felt lucky to have them back then. Previous to that I had a Burns Trisonic, very small body...didnt quite have the street cred lol.
The lower pic features one of the guitars it still belongs to the family of the Rhythm guitarist who unfortunately passed away some years ago.
I sold mine along with the AC30 amp to a guy in Eastleigh Hants, probably in the late 1960s. Should have kept the guitar....and the amp ! John
Attachments
TS.jpg
(114.56 KiB) Downloaded 3721 times
me-and-my-shadow

Full Real Name: John cauley

Re: 60s Splitsonic..wish Id kept it

Postby RUSSET » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi John,
I too had a Burns Split-Sonic in the '60s, but traded it in for a Brand new Echo Ranger acoustic when I left bands behind & got seriously involved with the opposite s*x. Mine was a White one with a White scratchplate. A great guitar after my previous naff Hofner, & sounded great through my Selmer Twin Selectortone. Shame it had to go, but we can all look back with fond hindsite, can't we ?

Tony.
RUSSET

Re: 60s Splitsonic..wish Id kept it

Postby me-and-my-shadow » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Tony... I guess we both had great taste in guitars, pity the oposite s*x keep getting in the way LOL. I have to admit I would have bitten through chain link to have had a Strat back in 1960, there werent many about and I certainly couldnt have aforded one. When I retired I sold my Squier and bought an American Sunburst Strat because I used to gaze longingly at them on the 'Chirpin Crickets' LP with Buddy Holly. I loved that Splitsonic but try as I may I couldnt get really close to 'the sound' . BUT. . . 'close enough for jazz'. . . as they say. Cheers John.
me-and-my-shadow

Full Real Name: John cauley

Return to Burns