burns marvin

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

burns marvin

Postby rapidsguitars » 01 Sep 2011, 21:10

hi guys, i have been looking at buying a new burns apache, how do they measure up against orther burns models around vintage and new , any input would be helpfull, thanks IAN
rapidsguitars

Re: burns marvin

Postby neil2726 » 03 Sep 2011, 00:16

From reports of Apache owners they are very good indeed! A development of the Marvin with hotter pickups. Probably the Apache has now been superceded by the "Dream" which I saw at Shadowmania last year and I know Noel Ford, a memeber here, has one - I tried it at Charlie Halls open day - a lovely guitar! I would have gone for either but have 2 Marvins and a Shadows Custom and my financial advisor (the wife) wasnt impresssed! :D
neil2726

Re: burns marvin

Postby Strummer » 06 Sep 2011, 13:08

I own a Burns Cobra, a Marvin, and an Apache, I love Burns guitars and cannot fault either of them, the cheapest to the most expensive...very, very good value for money, and, I also own a Japanese Fender Straocaster (Fiesta Red of course.) The Burns are every bit as good as a Fender if not better in some ways. However, i enjoy playing them all i have to say.

I now want a Gretsch. (Hope the War department doesn't stop me, bless her!) Lol!
Strummer

Return to Burns