Burns Shadow Custom

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Shadow Custom

Postby Hank2k » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi ALl

I have just purchased one of these from good old e of bay. After years of playing strats and a burns marquee i treated myself to a 1964 Marvin reissue and was blown away with it, its close to hanks sound than my hank marvin signature strat? Any way has anyone got any information on the shadows custom, anyone else own one? Mine is number 118 i believe.

If the burns shadow is as good as my marvin i think some of the strat may go :shock:
Hank2k

Re: Burns Shadow Custom

Postby Tab » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:08 pm

I own No. 237 - it's a superb guitar and sounds equally good.

I can get very close to that vintage Strat sound with this guitar - not so successful at achieving the Burns sound though (see my posting ' The Burns Era Sound' in General) Mine is now fitted with DR 12-52s and has been very well set up.

Enjoy yours.

Kind regards

Terry
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Postby Hank2k » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi Terry

many thanks for your comments, have you got any pic of yours? I must say i always wanted a fiesta red strat and now i own two i really prefer the playing and tone of the burns. Maybe if i get rid of a strat or two i can treat myself to a burns apache :twisted:
Hank2k

Postby d jones » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi Steve i think it was me that bought your marquee a short while ago, although i'am a novice i think its a wonderful guitar. I've had the handcrafted logo engraved through a contact with Barry Gibson at burns. I've also got a Marvin signature and an Apache not tried to play yet i don't think i would do them any justice at the moment, but if build quality is anything to go by they are top class! PS marquee has settled in to it's new home very well !

Dave
d jones

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 pm

[quote="d jones I've had the handcrafted logo engraved through a contact with Barry Gibson at burns. I'

Dave[/quote]

I also had that done on my Marquee through Barry. I think it looks better than the original - they should all come like that!
Mikey

Postby Hank2k » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:59 am

d jones wrote:Hi Steve i think it was me that bought your marquee a short while ago, although i'am a novice i think its a wonderful guitar. I've had the handcrafted logo engraved through a contact with Barry Gibson at burns. I've also got a Marvin signature and an Apache not tried to play yet i don't think i would do them any justice at the moment, but if build quality is anything to go by they are top class! PS marquee has settled in to it's new home very well !

Dave

Hi Dave

Thats very nice to hear, the marquee was a guitar i was very reluctant to get rid of but very please its gone to a good home. I really rate the burns guitars and for sheer value and tone i would rather have 3 or 4 burns for the price of a fender 56 strat. Looking forward to getting the new burns now, this guitar collecting is lots of fun :D
Hank2k

Postby Tab » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:26 am

......... this guitar collecting is lots of fun :D[/quote]

and expensive!
Tab

Postby Tab » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Steve,

I do have pics of No.237 and if somebody can remind me how to attach to a reply I will post.

For your interest, I also own a Burns Drifter, No 17, which is of similar appearance to the Marquee, was introduced before the Marquee, of premium quality and fitted with Kinman pickups.

Kind regards,

Terry
Tab

Return to Burns