VOX AC30 VR

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: VOX AC30 VR

Postby dave robinson » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Here's a link to the official description of these amps, including materials and cosmetics.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/vr.html :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Twangaway » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 pm

They have deleted the two thin brass piping strips that go around the length of the amp cab ie if it matters to anyone who might be tempted to buy for the cabinet alone :)
Twangaway

Postby John M » Sat May 01, 2010 11:05 am

Instead of using the 12AX7 in the pre amp stage, they have used it in the power amp side in conjunction with a pure clean transistor amp, this gives you 2 big differences. Firstly the valve sound is far more accurate than anything before it and secondly the volume is now equal to the real valve amp, so a 30watt delivers the power you get from an all valve AC30, and that is plenty loud enough for gigging'.

As far as I'm aware the the AX7 valve has always been used in this way in the valvetronix amps.
The valve behaves as an output/power valve and this is then sent to a supposedly transparent transistor power amp to boost it to final listening levels.
From memory, I think the 12AX7 when used in this way is capable of producing around 1 watt audio output.
The pre-amp stages have always been solid state.
John M

Full Real Name: john miller

Postby James » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi I am new to this site I haven,t been playing shads for quite a while now.but now I am starting again I am going to buy a Amp in the morning was thinking of a vox ac 15 vr as it suits my budget, I also thought about a laney cub 12r has anyone got any views that might help. I will only be playing at home, I have a zoom g1xion with shads patches not sure what amp thanks jim
James

Postby James » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi just started playing shads again after quite a long time. Going to buy an Amp tom. Was thinking about a vox Ac 15 Vr but don,t know now if it will sound right, other thought was a laney cub 12r I will only be playing at home any advice would be nice. New to the site thanks jim
James

Postby James » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi I have brought a zoom G1xon loaded it With The Shadows Pathes going into A laney cub 12 sounded ok but the patches seemed a little dull so I have added my alesis micro verb 4 with Echo no 52 now sounds Great made it a lot brighter. Has anyone else tried anything along these lines. Jim
James

Previous

Return to Gear