My new Fender amp

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

My new Fender amp

Postby abel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 am

Hi all,

I hope you are all doing Ok in health and spirit.

As you may have seen in another message, I decided for a modeling amp that has a good sound, is versatile and easy to use.
I really wanted a Fender sound close to my Hot Rod Deville, but with a solid state.
After reading several reviews and some very good comments on this site, I focused on the Boss Katana 100 2x12.
I ordered the Katana and kept it for 1 day only. It's one of the best solid state amps if not the best period. Having a dedicated clean channel (which was my main request), it delivers a fantastically clean sound, but without that special Fender bright and twangy signature. So I returned it yesterday and I tried a small version (20watts) of a Mustang II v2 that was in the shop and was blown away by the closeness to the Fender tube amp. I had seen extremely positive reviews and tests on Youtube on the Mustang V2 series, so I decided to order a used (2016 / 2017) Mustang IV 150 V2 2x12 which has an incredible array of Fender specific sounds.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-mustang-iv-v2-150w-2x12-guitar-combo-amp
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mustang+iv+amp
https://fuse.fender.com/

Anyone here owns one?

Can't wait to get it (next week) and start trying all the presets.
I will do a new personal version of Shazam to test it.

Blessings,
Abdel
abel

Full Real Name: Abel Khineche

Re: My new Fender amp

Postby artyman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:14 am

I have had a Mustang III V2 for a couple of years, a friend who also plays Shadows, had one as well though he has recently changed his for the Katana 100 2x12. The sound from his Katana sounded a little less brittle to my ears, when he played it at the last couple of jams at the Dean Park Inn in Bournemouth http://www.guitarplayerbournemouth.co.uk/home and am also thinking of going down that route, probably for the 50 watt as it's lighter than my Mustang
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Postby abel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi All,

Ken,
First let me say that it's a privilege to have an Artist of your caliber among us.
I am an amateur guitar player who only pleases and enjoys himself. You are a guitar player doubled with a real
artist who creates emotions and makes them permanently part of many other people's life.
It's funny how outside the guitar playing (really secondary in this case), I didn't pay enough attention to what skills and accomplishments
others carry on this forum.
I went to your website and discovered those fabulous paintings.
I was really impressed and I envy you very much as I always wanted to paint but haven't really had skills for that.
My favorite of your paintings and the one who probably required the more work is "Aysgarth Falls Yorkshire". A real beauty
and it looks so real.
I am a fan of the late Thomas Kinkade's paintings as they really create an emotion with me too, and I feel transported in another
...better world for a little while.
I want to congratulate you for your artwork and wish you Godspeed. You also have been blessed with an inspiring environment unlike here
with our Dry California.
I would love to start painting ... when I retire next year (I say this every year).

Katana? Mustang? only for amusement, doesn't really change your life.

Blessings to all,
Abel
abel

Full Real Name: Abel Khineche

Postby artyman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks for the kind comments Abel, I only took it up after I gave up dinghy racing, was getting too old and creaky and finding it harder to stay in the top three at Championship level. Painting seemed like a good idea to fill the time I had spent doing that, I'll even paint the kitchen ceiling if really pushed :D

Only got back into guitar playing about three years ago after my lovely wife bought me an electric guitar for Christmas after hearing me fiddle around on my Dad's old acoustic whilst up in the loft. Since then it has been an interesting journey, I hope one day I might be as proficient as you, but expect I have insufficient years left before I graduate to harp playing.
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Return to Gear