TC Electronic Nova Reverb

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

TC Electronic Nova Reverb

Postby jgoatcher » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:55 pm

I have used the TC Electronic Nova Reverb for some years and found it to be very good and reliable. However, having not used it for quite a while , dug it out to use in conjunction with my H & C delay unit, since I find some of the patches in the H & C a bit dry ( Apache is a good example). This was following the extensive discussion on reverb recently on this site to which I contributed. Being a 12V DC unit I power the reverb through a T Rex Fuel Tank which has 12V outputs as well as 9V.
All was well until when I was playing away happily the reverb unit suddenly cut out completely, all lights extinguished , no power. After a few seconds it came back to life and continued ok for several minutes and then did the same thing. Sometimes it takes only a few seconds to come back, others several minutes. I have checked all cables and connections. Has anyone any suggestions what might be wrong , or is it a lost cause. There are four Allen key type bolts on both ends of the unit but I havent tried to get inside since Im no electronics expert and wouldnt have any idea what to look for.
John
jgoatcher

Re: TC Electronic Nova Reverb

Postby bazmusicman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 pm

I am not familiar with that unit, doe's it have a battery compartment so you could try it on battery power and eliminate any conflict issues that might arise from the T Rex power supply?
bazmusicman

Full Real Name: barry palmer

Postby jgoatcher » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 pm

No , its a mains only unit. And its worked perfectly with the Fuel tank for years.
jgoatcher

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 pm

I did a search regarding HOF Reverb problems and seems this type of issue is common. There is a firmware update for pedal which may be the answer on TC website you could try.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 pm

You say it's 12volt ? Pictures I seen suggest 9volt dc centre neg terminal . There is a mark 1 and newer mark 2 though

Edit according to info pedal supply for both versions of HOT reverb is 9 vdc centre neg at 100ma or more . TRY changing the supply voltage see how that goes first
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby jgoatcher » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm

It definitely says 12v DC o.3A on the reverse of the unit next to the mains socket. This is quite an old model, at least 10 years old, and it pre dates any connections like USB, so theres no way in to update any firmware.
Anyone any suggestions for a modern replacement of similar quality?
jgoatcher

Return to Gear