GarageBand VS Logic Pro X

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: GarageBand VS Logic Pro X

Postby TimRyland » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Just out of interest what are you using Windows, Mac or iPad?
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby dave robinson » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:55 am

Garage Band and Logic are Apple based, not PC/Windows.
All the major professional recording studios use Apple with either Logic Pro X or Pro Tools. It became affordable for me in 2007 and I was fortunate to be working with Warren Bennett before then who gave me some good advice. He was using the Otari Radar system the same as his father prior to that, but I was there when Logic became the standard software that set the bar in computerised recording and fortunately Apple brought out more affordable computers which allowed me to change. I had been on Cubase for a long time but Logic just blew it away with it's power and what it could do but the main thing was it's reliability and I have never had it fail or crash.
Garage band is an excellent budget production system that shares some of Logic's features. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby pauldb38 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:56 pm

I find once you learn the basics in using Daws no matter platform or software package you will find it easier ti use. Personally i use Reaper for the pc. I started off with a old package called Cool edit pro this set me up for using Studio one then later reaper.

Hope that helps.

Paul :D
pauldb38

Full Real Name: Paul Bulmer

Previous

Return to Gear