GURUS ECHOSEX2-T7E

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

GURUS ECHOSEX2-T7E

Postby shadphil » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:10 pm

Has anyone tried the Gurus Echosex2-T7E unit. would it be any good for the shads stuff etc. thanks Phil
shadphil

Full Real Name: phil denyer

Re: GURUS ECHOSEX2-T7E

Postby dave robinson » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:02 pm

Just checked it out and it's basically an improved Binson Echorec pedal. The best of these Binson pedals by far from what I have heard is the Strymon Volante which I have, so there will be no rush to buy one of these. You also need to know what are you doing with an echo unit so I wouldn't recommend it for you Phil. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby shadphil » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:51 pm

I thought you might say that i suppose if it was any good you would already have one cheers Dave
shadphil

Postby dave robinson » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:05 pm

It isn't a Binson you need for Shadows music because that was only ever a substitute because the Meazzi's were unreliable and kept packing up. The Strymon Volante is based on the Binson, but far better because it has features that Binson never had, nor do these new 'clones' although they sound great for what they are. I can do a job with a Volante but not with a Binson or clone.
You had the best in the TVS3, then the second best with the Atlantis 1 and couldn't get on with those, so I am at bit of a loss to understand why you are even asking these questions. Nothing will come close to what you've moved on. :roll:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby shadphil » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:44 pm

Dave i was just asking the question out of curiosity as it popped up on the computer and i hadn't seen it before im not looking for any other echo and i didn't expect your reply which i think is quite rude please can you remove your posts and take down my post
thank you phil
shadphil

Postby dave robinson » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:08 am

shadphil wrote:Dave i was just asking the question out of curiosity as it popped up on the computer and i hadn't seen it before im not looking for any other echo and i didn't expect your reply which i think is quite rude please can you remove your posts and take down my post
thank you phil

Firstly Phil I wasn't being rude in any way, you asked a question which I am in a position to answer and save people a lot of unnecessary hassle and expense, I think you may agree there's been too much money wasted chasing the Hank Dream.
It's well documented that by using a TVS3 you can come almost 100% close to achieving the very much sought after early Shadows tone. Paul Rossiter and his team have proved it here times many. I and many others have also heard excellent results with players using the Atlantis 1, which has also become a respected fact.
Although we have all tried to do it with the other excellent devices that are available and argued that our various efforts were acceptable, only the TV3 or a real Meazzi have been recognised as the real deal, even though people like me and a few others have had satisfactory results with more affordable kit.
I replied to your question with facts and answers as to why I thought it would not be the best idea to throw in the region of £550 at a device that will leave you wishing you could have your money back after struggling to get anywhere near the sound you're looking for.
Because I know that you've had the TVS3 as well as the Atlantis One, both which you moved on very quickly, I answered you as honestly as I could in an attempt to save you more grief. I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude, but I was merely being humorous knowing that you'd end up probably buying one and not fully understanding that it wasn't going to give you what you were expecting, thus possibly losing money on it.
Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered. Carry on. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby shadphil » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:21 pm

Dave i appreciate that you didn't want me to buy something that i would regret but i am happy with what ive got now and had no intentions of buying another echo unit. lets put this behind us. Phil
shadphil

Postby dave robinson » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Sorry Phil, the nature and tone of your question suggested you were tempted to buy it if someone told you it would work. My mistake, I won't bother in future.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby shadphil » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:25 pm

Cheers Dave.
shadphil

Return to Gear