Boss GX 100

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Boss GX 100

Postby stratman999 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:09 am

I got offered a good deal on this, so decided to buy it to try, knowing if I didn't like it or didn't do what I wanted it to I could easy get my money back.
I have to say it is an excellent piece of kit, one of the best things is you can divide the signal into two and use two separate dual tape delays in parallel (with delay time, mix, feedback, wow and flutter, chorus and more) giving the equivalent of 4 parallel heads. it can run 15 effects at once and like the Zoom's you can choose the effects you want and choose the order. the models are from the GT1000 range which is a step above the Katana effects which many of you use and gig with. I am using it with FRFR speakers.
It is all metal and also has a touch screen, but I bought a bluetooth module so I can set it up sat in a comfortable chair, rather than knelt down. It also plays tracks of your phone/tablet for ease of getting the sound right too. It also will connect by usb on a pc. It is definitely a keeper for me. :D
stratman999

Full Real Name: David Pickwell

Re: Boss GX 100

Postby stratman999 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:18 am

Just a few other things I have found with the unit. I has Hi and Low Pass filters, on the Vox and Matchless style amps the presence control is a cut control on these two amps.
I have also got great Gilmour and Gary Moore sounds. The guitar really sings.
stratman999

Full Real Name: David Pickwell

Return to Gear