Joyo AC Tone

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Joyo AC Tone

Postby Goingdownslow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 am

'Vox in a box'....just ordered a Joyo JF 13 AC tone pedal.....no idea what it will be like, although reviews seem favourable.....mega cheap clone of the Tech 21 Sansamp Liverpool pedal.....

anyone out there tried/own a Joyo?.........worth a go at the low price if it works......one box solution straight into the desk........
Goingdownslow

Re: Joyo AC Tone

Postby keithmantle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Paul, i have a Joyo compression, it had a VG review in guitarist and was only £19.99 inc pp, great value for money, and it works !!
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Goingdownslow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks Keith....will post more info when the pedal arrives....might be today......
Goingdownslow

Postby noelford » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 am

Paul, although I use my iPad (with JamUp Pro) for my amp modelling, this looks like a good, low-priced option for a back-up unit, especially as I just read in one of the reviews that it can be used as a pre-amp and go direct to the PA. I'll be very interested to hear your comments once you have tried it.

Cheers

Noel
noelford

Postby dave robinson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 am

noelford wrote:Paul, although I use my iPad (with JamUp Pro) for my amp modelling, this looks like a good, low-priced option for a back-up unit, especially as I just read in one of the reviews that it can be used as a pre-amp and go direct to the PA. I'll be very interested to hear your comments once you have tried it.

Cheers

Noel

Me too. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Gruntfuttock » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:00 pm

I've used a Joyo AC Tone for about two years. Does what it says on the box. It's solidly built and to date I've had no problems with it. In fact it's heavier that the Tech 21 Liverpool which I also use (not on the same pedal board as the Joyo pedal)
Regards Gruntfuttock
Gruntfuttock

Full Real Name: David Michael Redknap

Postby dave robinson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 am

Gruntfuttock wrote:I've used a Joyo AC Tone for about two years. Does what it says on the box. It's solidly built and to date I've had no problems with it. In fact it's heavier that the Tech 21 Liverpool which I also use (not on the same pedal board as the Joyo pedal)
Regards Gruntfuttock

That's cool, I'll check the deatais. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 am

I've ordered one, for £25 it's a handy pedal for me. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dakwah » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi All

new to the forum.

seems an interesting low cost pedal. I'm sure it will be a good addition to my AC30 2hl which is way too loud for home use.

would be interested in any suggested setting as it has more than the amp.

I think my range of frequency of hearing is reducing with age as what I hear on the CD does not match my tweaking.

thanks Stan
dakwah

Full Real Name: stanley wan

Postby Goingdownslow » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Arrived today...later than expected.....gave it a quick going over....seems very well built outside and in.....circuit boards and components are as good as most pedals that I've dealt with etc....
Did a quick hook up into the iMac and it does sound very Voxy.....need to keep the level up and drive way down to maintain a good clean sound...plenty of output......tones all at 12.0 clock....
The voice control adds more zing and boing if you know what I mean.....mid range boost with plenty of clarity still there...
Makes the single note lead lines very definite and positive in the mix....
Also,tried it into the power amp section of my Matamp head.....worked fine and still had the same characteristics..
Will do some recordings over the couple of days to demonstrate properly but it is looking good....
Only downside is that it isn't true bypass....so no power....no signal even with it switched off....but it doesn't seem to deteriorate the straight through sound so it's not a problem....
For the money it is a good purchase if you need access to our sound with minimum gear hassle..
Cheers, Paul
Goingdownslow

Next

Return to Gear