Has anyone tried one of those Vox Amp-plugs ?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Has anyone tried one of those Vox Amp-plugs ?

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:09 am

Just wondered as I ordered one tonight, I saw they have built in effects and good for practice without annoying anyone. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: Has anyone tried one of those Vox Amp-plugs ?

Postby Ian Miller » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 am

Hi Dave,

Yes, I had one for a number of years. Mine was a standard AC30 model which I bought soon after they were introduced. They are ok and do the job well, but there were no effects on the one I had, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby JimN » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:35 am

Ian Miller wrote:Hi Dave,

Yes, I had one for a number of years. Mine was a standard AC30 model which I bought soon after they were introduced. They are ok and do the job well, but there were no effects on the one I had, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Ian

Ditto.

Mine works very well with Sennheiser 'phones. Not so well with a closed-back Sony set meant for portable use.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

The best phones I have are those studio Beyer ones that always sound quieter but clearer, but I prefer my cheaper Sony ones for most stuff. I suppose I'll have to try them all and listen for the best sound. Which Sennheisers' do you use Jim?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby JimN » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:12 am

dave robinson wrote:The best phones I have are those studio Beyer ones that always sound quieter but clearer, but I prefer my cheaper Sony ones for most stuff. I suppose I'll have to try them all and listen for the best sound. Which Sennheisers' do you use Jim?

Only cheap ones. Headphone muffs wear out too quickly and are almost impossible to replace.

Currently using HD-201s. About £25 or less.

They're very quiet, especially on the computer, which is the situation I most often use them in. The Sony set (about twice the price) produce a hum on the computer. I can't work out why, but it's of no matter: I only use them on my iPhone when out walking.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby bridev » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi Dave

Like Ian I have had one for a number of years (minus effects) and have had no problems. It does the job.

Cheers
Brian
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Postby bor64 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Dave, I have a AC30 one for a few years now....without effects.
Just for fun I bought the special little speaker for it, it sounds not bad...
Together on one shelf with my AC1....looks the knees bees with a few mini strats, tele and Marvin aside of that lil gizmo.

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Thank everyone for your comments, I had one arrive today, the Mk II with a few effects on board and I can see it being useful for sitting and practicing without annoying the rest of the household. It sounds very authentic as I had hoped and the effects range from a single delay at around 350ms, a chorus effect, tremolo and mixtures of them, which sounds nice just noodling around. There's also a gain control to allow some heavy rockin ' as wel as the clean stuff. For £28 delivered it's a nice little toy. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:29 pm

I've often wondered what these gizmos were like and was so intrigued by this thread that I ordered one - the AC3O with effects - which arrived yesterday. Great tones, great fun and no earache from SHMBO!
Mikey

Postby dave robinson » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Mikey wrote:I've often wondered what these gizmos were like and was so intrigued by this thread that I ordered one - the AC3O with effects - which arrived yesterday. Great tones, great fun and no earache from SHMBO!

Precisely ! :D
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Next

Return to Gear