Joyo AC Tone

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Re: Joyo AC Tone

Postby dave robinson » 09 Nov 2014, 10:22

dakwah wrote:Hi Dave

interesting that you use it through both the AC4 and a PA. Do you have to adjust the Joyo when moving from one to the other?

thanks Stan

Yes of course. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ian Miller » 09 Nov 2014, 10:41

Thanks Dave,that's just what I've been looking for, I will have to get one.

Ian
Ian Miller

Postby dakwah » 09 Nov 2014, 13:07

thanks Dave

should have thought it out myself, as it must be like putting an AC30 into another AC30 (or 4) and so colour the sound too much.

It really is amazing how much more affordable (good/great)technology has become

Stan
dakwah

Postby dave robinson » 09 Nov 2014, 18:17

When used through the PA I would start with the guitar Chanel set flat and listen to what is happening tone wise. Usually I would roll back the high end (10 or 12k) to nine o clock (if twelve o clock was flat) and same with the bass. Then, with something like the JoYo in circuit you can tweak it and hear the Vox qualities creep in and it will begin to sound like a guitar amp on that Chanel.
Going through the Vox AC-4 would be slightly different as my AC -4 sounds like an old non Top Boost, so I set it for the early sound and then when the JoYo is switched in Ilook for the typical nasal sound of a TB buy turning the LOW full on and adding HIGH until it bites, no mid or voice at this point, with LEVEL up at around three o clock and DRIVE down at nine o clock.
When you are satisfied with the difference between the two sounds, you can bring the MID and VOICE into play to your own taste. I found that for some tunes that reducing the bass slightly was beneficial. It's a good piece of kit if you take a bit of time to understand it. There are settings on there that give you a fuzz box if you are so inclined. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ian Miller » 09 Nov 2014, 19:29

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the guide on settings, much appreciated. Mine is now en=route to me.

All The Best

Ian
Ian Miller

Postby bazmusicman » 11 Nov 2014, 12:18

Well mine arrived yesterday and although I dont have Dave's talent or ears (my hearing is a bit shot) it is a brilliant bit of kit.
As Dave say's it does what it says on the tin.
This has to be the best bit of 'value for money' out there at just £24.99 including battery and postage!
bazmusicman

Postby roger bayliss » 12 Nov 2014, 15:18

I think I am going to get a couple of these. The AC Tone and The American one (Fender 57 Tweed sound). The American one sounds really good to me and at the price I think it will be a great bit of highly portable kit and ideal if no one shows up with an amp at the club ! They do a British (Marshall) sound and California (Mesa Boogie) sound as well but I am really keen on the Fender American one after listening to demos on UTube. :D
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » 12 Nov 2014, 19:03

roger bayliss wrote:I think I am going to get a couple of these. The AC Tone and The American one (Fender 57 Tweed sound). The American one sounds really good to me and at the price I think it will be a great bit of highly portable kit and ideal if no one shows up with an amp at the club ! They do a British (Marshall) sound and California (Mesa Boogie) sound as well but I am really keen on the Fender American one after listening to demos on UTube. :D

I didn't know about the Fender Tweed one Roger, let me know how it sounds as it would be useful to me. The AC Tone is terrific. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » 12 Nov 2014, 20:59

Will do Dave in the Meantime have a listen here.....

American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Postby Ian Miller » 14 Nov 2014, 18:04

Hi All,

Well I received the Joyo SC Tone today and although I've only given it a quick test, it performs great. All I could have wished for and superb value as well!

Thanks for all the advise.

Best Wishes

Ian
Ian Miller

PreviousNext

Return to Guitars and Gear