Joyo AC Tone

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Re: Joyo AC Tone

Postby noelford » 01 Dec 2014, 18:08

Thanks, Ian, but I don't really need another multi-effects processor - I have a Vox Tonelab as well as an Alesis Quad GT with EFTP. I'm just looking for a very compact pedal for multi-tap delays to carry around as a back up to my iPad set-up, which I would be using 99% of the time.

Cheers

Noel
noelford

Postby dave robinson » 03 Dec 2014, 23:33

The JoYo AcTone does a great job of giving me the Vox pre amp into my Bose system - and it sounds like my Strat is through the AC 30 - love it ! :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Uncleboko » 04 Dec 2014, 20:07

A Vox AC30 simulator circuit was in circulation some years back, designed I think by someone in Germany. This circuit had some missing part values, which the designer would only release upon certain conditions being met (I forget what these were). I wonder if this unit is related to that circuit?
Uncleboko

Postby roger bayliss » 13 Dec 2014, 01:07

My two kids have bought me the AC Tone and the American Sound for Christmas presents so I am looking forward to these. However I had to send off for the AC tone myself as the daughter does not have a eBay account and when it came today I was tempted to quickly check it out and see if it was okay.

I ran it through my POD HD with the amp sim turned off and the AC Tone replacing the amp sim sound. I got a really good Shadows top boost type of sound for Peace Pipe and Wonderful Land and it compared well to the POD AC30 TB sound when I did an a/b check.

I can see me using this at the club through the PA after Christmas what a great pedal.

Pedal re boxed ready for Santa ! Naughty ! ;)
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Postby roger bayliss » 07 Jan 2015, 11:19

Gave the AC Tone a run through the club PA last night with the PA eq set flat. Got great sound just like a Vox !

I did use eq pedals as well like I use these days with an amp to get nearer the Shadows sound and an eTapHW2. Sounded very close to what I normally get with an amp so well chuffed overall. It is the lightest way to gig ! :)
roger bayliss

Postby GuitarPhil » 07 Jan 2015, 13:26

Roger I've used a similar setup. This recording (link below) was made straight from the AC Tone to the computer. I also used an eTap2HW and an MXR Graphic EQ:

Guitar -> eTap2HW -> EQ -> AC Tone -> Audio Interface.

I added a touch of reverb as a plugin in the DAW as I didn't have a reverb pedal in the chain at the time.

https://app.box.com/s/yrblszasad13l0x7i7ny

Regards,

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Postby roger bayliss » 07 Jan 2015, 16:21

Nice sound Phil I used mine in this order

Guitar > eTap2HW > EQ > AC Tone > PA

so similar to yourself. Yours sounds very good to me. I think the EQ finishes it off nicely.

What settings you using on your AC Tone ?

Mine were Bass 10 0 Clock ,Mid and Treble 12 O Clock., Gain 9 O Clock, Output 3 O Clock
and the Voice was 12 O Clock.
roger bayliss

Postby keithmantle » 07 Jan 2015, 16:32

GuitarPhil wrote:Roger I've used a similar setup. This recording (link below) was made straight from the AC Tone to the computer. I also used an eTap2HW and an MXR Graphic EQ:

Guitar -> eTap2HW -> EQ -> AC Tone -> Audio Interface.

I added a touch of reverb as a plugin in the DAW as I didn't have a reverb pedal in the chain at the time.

https://app.box.com/s/yrblszasad13l0x7i7ny

Regards,

Phil.

ACe Phil !!. Valve eTap ? what settings please.
keithmantle

Postby GuitarPhil » 07 Jan 2015, 22:42

Hi Roger and Keith,

Pic here shows the settings for the AC Tone and the EQ. Apologies for the untidy 'pedalboard' which is just a lash up for this test! I promise to get it done properly soon ;)

Keith, it's actually my automated FET eTap2HW as in the pic. The 'Peacepipe' preset I used for this is:

Echo model # 5 (from the 0-7 range) i.e. Echomatic II Classic, Wet/Dry = 3.5, Program/Heads = 5.5, Feedback = 4.5

My knobs all have a 0-10 scale

Regards,

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Postby Hank2k » 08 Jan 2015, 14:43

Hi Phil you have a great sound there very well done

I must say after watching Ronnie gustafsson video online about equalizer and rogers subsequent discussions I think that is very key, I've been experimenting with the eq on a zoom g3 and with the mid range cutting through it makes a very big difference
Hank2k

PreviousNext

Return to Guitars and Gear