I'm in love !!

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

I'm in love !!

Postby Twang46 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Got my hands on a Fender Pro Junior last night. What a great amp :D :D :D :D did not want to give it back :(
For those who haven't had the pleasure it's a 2x ecc83 & el84 combo with 10" speaker in vintage style Tweed or more modern Black cab.
On/off, vol & tone it goes from sweet & relaxed at low volumes to a wonderful rock sound with bark & bite and all stations in between, there's no reverb or other nonsence to get in the way of the truly great sounds.
I'm now on a selling spree to get one (super champ xd anyone ?)
Looked inside & there's a very neat & well spaced pcb with all the components clearly labelled, looks very easy to work on if needed.
The price new is around £350 it seems (and worth every penny !)
Fender have some really good amps out at the moment with the blues juniors & champs etc... for me it seems hard to think of a better amp at anywhere near the same money.

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Re: I'm in love !!

Postby RUSSET » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Before you go rushing off to buy it, check out the Fender 'Blues Junior' which has a 12" speaker & the same valve complement & comes in Tweed or Black. Also the 'Blues Deluxe' in the same finishes with a 12" speaker 2 x 6L6 valves & 40w output. Depends on whether you want to gig it, or just play at home.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Twang46 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Ah, but both of those models have stuff like tone stacks & reverbs & in the Blues delux, voicing ccts as well as a £200 price jump !
The whole point for me is the pure tone of the pro junior without any "frills" there's plenty of pedals & effects boxes out there if you want to play around with the tone.

Thanks for the interest though Tony.

Dick.
Twang46

Postby Twang46 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

Finally got the Pro Junior last night.

Finally got one :D :D :D :D

Cost a little more than I had hoped, but worth it !

Just itching to get some "mods" done now, feedback switch first then a trawl through the "mod" sites for some ideas.

Thinking about a standby switch, it has survived since 1996 (USA model) without one, is it really necessary I wonder ?

The Champ XD that I traded in had no standby sw either

Ah well, off to play with my new best friend 8-)

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Return to Gear