Stolen 50th Anniversary Shadows Strat: Please Help!!

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Stolen 50th Anniversary Shadows Strat: Please Help!!

Postby David Martin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Some time between Friday and Saturday morning Shadows 50th Anniversary Strat outfit number 16 was stolen whilst in the possession of FedEx. The package had been misrouted to Birmingham instead of going to Brighton, and by the time it reached Brighton on Saturday morning, all that was delivered was a sealed empty box... :o

So please, keep your eyes and ears open for any information... a guitar on Ebay, a local music shop with a very special offer, a guy in a pub, even separate parts being offered - you all know the spec by now... and if you have any inkling, please contact Howard Gillespie at Oasis Music by email on howard@oasismusic.co.uk or by phone on 01425 478135.

We can only hope that by "turning up the heat" the package will miraculously reappear once the thief realises that it's too "hot" to sell easily... (Another one bound for Ireland via UPS was over a week late in arriving, and was eventually found behind other packages in a depot in Cologne...)

Please do all you can to help, and if you are members of other forums, please copy this over to them...

Thanks in anticipation...

D
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Re: Stolen 50th Anniversary Shadows Strat: Please Help!!

Postby David Martin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Just bringing this onto the View New Posts listing...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby Bluesnote » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 pm

Sadly, it'll probably never be seen again. But I really hope I'm wrong on this one.
I've heard so much bad press about Fed Ex in Britain in the last year. They seem to get it wrong a lot more than any other parcel delivery service. The guy that ownes the pub I frequent was waiting for a very important parcel for his other business. This was also Fed Ex, it was found three weeks later in Germany.
When I sold my seven string to a guy down in London area, and an amp to a guy in Birmingham. I sent them via Parcelforce which were really good I thought. I'd never do Fed Ex ever :evil:
Bluesnote

Postby Didier » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:54 pm

I have put a warning on our French forum, just in case it might cross the channel...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby bgohara » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:21 am

this is terrible. I really hope it shows up.
Bernie
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Tone » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:25 pm

That's sickening and I feel absolutely gutted for both Howard and the unlucky purchaser.

Tony
Tone

Full Real Name: Tony Ramsden

Postby David Martin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:52 pm

I'll keep you all posted as soon as there is some news...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby David Martin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 am

Sadly no news except that the box is now being subjected to forensic examination...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby shadhasher » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm

David Martin wrote:Sadly no news except that the box is now being subjected to forensic examination...

i am really sorry to hear about the strat,i had one stolen,around this time about 12 years ago with buisness post,
this kind of behaviour is dispicable,from anyone,i never heard anything more about my strat,and it was a limited edition
also.
May i make a suggestion.
if enough people from this forum and other forums show an interest in wanting to buy this instrument,it could bring the culprit out of the woodwork,so to speak,rather than making it awkward and sending them him/her into hiding.
i really hope this guitar turns up.
michael
shadhasher

Postby Tab » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:07 am

shadhasher wrote:
David Martin wrote:Sadly no news except that the box is now being subjected to forensic examination...

May i make a suggestion.
if enough people from this forum and other forums show an interest in wanting to buy this instrument,it could bring the culprit out of the woodwork,so to speak,rather than making it awkward and sending them him/her into hiding.
i really hope this guitar turns up.
michael

Good idea - is there a 'wanted' section on ebay?
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Next

Return to Gear