Early equipment that I used and wished I kept

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Early equipment that I used and wished I kept

Postby cockroach » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:43 am

If it's a question of simple market value in 2018, virtually every guitar and amp I used to have since 1963 seems to now be 'vintage', 'collectible' etc and people are asking (and some are paying) ridiculous amounts of money to possess them..

If the question is about the utility of gear that I once had and which would still be great usable gear today, then yes, in hindsight, there are a few which I should have kept..

Then there's the sentimental value of stuff I had which was discarded back then for something better..but I've resisted trying to find and buy those guitars etc because they are too expensive now..and they are still pretty crude or of little intrinsic value...like my first guitar. And when the rose coloured glasses are off, I really don't want the sore fingers and frustration of trying to play an almost unplayable guitar or one that sounds poor even through a good modern amp..
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Re: Early equipment that I used and wished I kept

Postby David Martin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:29 pm

The 1964 AC30TB I used with LEGEND. Glorious noises with any guitar.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Previous

Return to Gear