My new amplifier.......

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: My new amplifier.......

Postby Ryan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Ecca,

Love the look of your new amp :P You've done a nice job of that.
I have a Roland Cube which i'd love to take all the gubbins out of, and build a box like that for it. Haven't got the tools or the knowledge to do it :roll: I wish my grandad was still alive, he was great at that sort of stuff ie, building things out of wood. He only ever used hand tools, maybe i should have took more notice of what he was showing me when i was little.

Ryan
Ryan

Postby ecca » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:27 pm

I even used the original hexagonal volume control knob on it. It's beautiful.
ecca

Postby RUSSET » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:53 am

Ecca, I think you'll have to polish that cabinet with Cardinal wax polish to keep the original tone. Nice handle.

T.
RUSSET

Postby ecca » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:37 am

I searched ebay for that handle. It's a proper, old brass un. I polished it up using my Menzerna P164 Blue Compound , as you all knew, with a white open stitch mop.
I might get the T=Cut on the cab and make a job of it but then them varmints at the Hankies will only dribble on it or summat on Tuesdays.
ecca

Previous

Return to Gear