EFTP no longer available?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

EFTP no longer available?

Postby Stratpicker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 am

Note that Charlie Hall has stopped selling EFTP products with immediate effect.
AFAIC he was responsible for creating "affordable" echo patterns for Joe Public that were as good as they could be on the units available at that time, and I thank him for that. Without them, I would probably not have continued trying to make Shadows music.
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Re: EFTP no longer available!!

Postby kipper » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:23 pm

agree entirely with ian i would also add people have openly pirated his work for years. peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby Twang46 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:59 pm

And the problem is................ :?:

If you bought & registered EFTP as per the conditions of sale you will still be entitled to support.

In effect what has happened is that EFTP have stopped selling the "patches"

Dick
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby ecca » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm

I've always said - Charlie is the man.
It was he that figured out all of it at the start, I'd racked my brain ever since Wonderful Land came out without success.
We have everything to thank him for.
ecca

Postby sixstringsid » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:41 pm

darn it, and I just last weekend went and sold my alesis quad gt to a local shadows fan too, wished i'd have kept it now
sixstringsid

Postby Gary Allen » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm

I always found Charlie to be very helpful. Im looking forward to hearing the new unit too.
Gary Allen

Full Real Name: Gary Allen

Postby Ross Hall » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:28 pm

To whom it may concern.

I'm publicly stating that I knew nothing about the decision to cease EFTP on Friday night. I was alerted to the fact by a customer at 13:52 Saturday afternoon. I was not consulted in any way and the entire business and all rights had been previously promised to me. I'm shocked.

For the last three years I have represented EFTP to the best of my ability for Charlie. I have taken the full burden of piracy and have been proactive in dealing with it on Charlie’s behalf with full transparency.

I reserve all rights to the intellectual property that I own in documentation and some files formerly branded under the EFTP umbrella.

If you have any EFTP related issues, queries or concerns I am no longer in a position to assist; my association with EFTP ended the moment Charlie withdrew it (Friday 12 December 2014).

I'm currently researching the possibility of re-launching the ZOOM G3, G3X and G5 patches under a new brand; there certainly appears to be a gap in the lower market price point.

To be clear, Charlie Hall's position, comment and actions have no bearing on myself and do not reflect my position and have no association to me. I have no professional affiliation to him, EFTP or his future offerings though I do hold my own opinions on recent events. I do not agree with recent actions or decisions and see them as myopic, counterproductive and most certainly counterintuitive.

I would like to thank David Martin and the moderators of this site.

I would also like to thank EFTP customers for their support of the EFTP products up until Friday 12 December 2014.

I'm sure that I will be making further comment in the future.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Yours faithfully,

Ross Hall
Ross Hall

Postby sixstringsid » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:38 pm

welcome to the forum ross :)
sixstringsid

Postby dyker124 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Ross,

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for clarification.

Best regards
dyker124

Full Real Name: Roger John Dyke

Postby dave robinson » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Can someone - anyone , point me in the direction of who these 'Pirates' of EFTP are please, because the only people I see selling these products are allegedly approved by Charlie or Ross. It seems somebody has let their imagination run wild somewhat. :?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Next

Return to Gear