EFTP no longer available?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: EFTP no longer available!!

Postby kipper » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:52 pm

hi dave on this site i have enquired twice now to people selling quadraverb gt i on this site, have messaged them and asked if they are registered with charlie hall both times i was told no not really i got them from another member of a shadows club, but its ok everybody does it. that was within last 2 years i think.
guy bodart who was a member here till he got kicked of was selling eftp saying it was his not charlies. that one got very nasty.
look on ebay at units with eftp email them ask if they are register with charlie and quite a few say no.
i myself brought one on ebay supposed to be registered when i got it tried to register it with charlie it was a copy. not registered with him.
charlie himself has told me he has loads people contact him saying can you help me i have your eftp loaded on a unit i have brought, he asks for serial number and then finds loads are not registered with him.
there were several occasions on his own site of people trying to sell unregistered units.
this is not fiction it is fact. ross his son got involved a couple years ago and had tried hard to stop it but has had limited success i belive.
ask charlie himself i`m sure he will tell you the story. and as ross his son is here now ask him. it surprised me how big a problam it is. peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby dave robinson » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm

OK thanks Peter, I was aware of Guy Bodart and assumed everyone would tell him to get lost like I did. As for the Quad GTs Charlie never did support those.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:27 pm

A quick word to say that I have edited a few posts in this thread to remove extraneous material.

Thanks - Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby dave robinson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 am

I just hade a long conversation with Charlie and as long as everything is legit with your EFTP machines there should be no cause for concern.
To anyone pirating Charlie"s products, I can tell you they are worthless should support be required at a later date.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Goingdownslow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:11 am

Good name for a band that Dave.....'The Pirates of EFTP'........
Goingdownslow

Postby noelford » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:40 am

dave robinson wrote:As for the Quad GTs Charlie never did support those.

Not sure I understand, Dave. I had a Quad GT with EFTP , registered, to me, with Charlie. This unit developed a fault and required a lengthy repair, so I bought another Quad GT and bought the EFTP for that one, too, again registered in my name with Charlie.
noelford

Postby Didier » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:55 am

dave robinson wrote:I was aware of Guy Bodart and assumed everyone would tell him to get lost like I did.

Guy Bodart has also been a member on the french Shadows forum, but was quicly banned...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Iain Purdon » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:09 am

Sorry, guys, I have to say this as a mod.

Talking about a former member is not the business of this site.

Nor is speculating on the support or otherwise of EFTP. Charlie Hall has his own website. Please use that, or other means of communication if you need to clarify any points re your own equipment.

This board is about the Shadows.

I am moving this thread to Guitars & Amps. I will edit or lock if there's any more personal stuff.

I thank you :)

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Didier » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:13 am

Here is the list of units for which Charlie Hall wrote patches :

Zoom 508, Zoom RFX-2000, Zoom RFX-2200, Alesis Quadraverb Plus, Alesis Quad GT, Zoom G2, Zoom G2.1u, Zoom G2Nu, Zoom G2.1Nu, Zoom G7.1ut, Zoom G9.2tt £45, Yamaha Magicstomp, Alesis Q2, Alesis Q20.

Not including later additions for Zoom G3 and G5 by Ross Hall.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby dave robinson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:13 am

noelford wrote:
dave robinson wrote:As for the Quad GTs Charlie never did support those.

Not sure I understand, Dave. I had a Quad GT with EFTP , registered, to me, with Charlie. This unit developed a fault and required a lengthy repair, so I bought another Quad GT and bought the EFTP for that one, too, again registered in my name with Charlie.

What I mean is that as far as Quad GTS go, Charlie never physically sold any with his patches installed. The patches that found their way onto the GT were from the Quad Plus which is how I got mine via somebody in South Wales. The Quad Plus was rubbish because it was noisy for recording, so I picked up a Quad GT from a shop in Doncaster and transferred the programmes myself, sending the Quad Plus back to South Wales for a refund. Later when I got to know Peter and Charlie, I paid for the patches as I had no idea that what I had done was wrong. After that I upgraded to the Q2 which I bought new from EFTP. Peter Alden told me at the time that EFTP didn't support the Quad GT as they didn't supply them from new. Since then I bought the Zoom 2000, Zoom 2200, Zoom G71uT, followed by patches for the Magicstomp. All have since been sold, but the Alesis Quad GT was never officially registered, although Charlie did help me with it from time to time.
I hope this clears up the confusion.:)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to Gear