Joyo AC Tone settings

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Joyo AC Tone settings

Postby C-C » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:07 am

Hi Dave,
Once again thanks for the tip about flat response, Having tried it out
with all three off : Helps the Boss RGE 10 to take over the mid control better.
I find it works better to start with very little connected in the chain and
alter each units tone so as I don't loose the original tone as I add to the chain.
Thanks
Carl
C-C

Full Real Name: Carl Craig

Postby dakwah » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

thanks again Dave

will try these out

Stan
dakwah

Full Real Name: stanley wan

Postby davejriley » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Daft question I am sure but where in the chain do you suggest the pedal goes ? Current setup = guitar --> volume/tone pedal --> H&C echo --> amp. The amp has an effects loop

Dave
davejriley

Postby negninegaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Does anyone know if this pedal has a buffer inside?
negninegaw

Full Real Name: Van Wageningen

Postby Hank2k » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:09 am

i personally wouldnt use the Joyo Actone with an amp. Its an Amp simulator so should be in place of an Amp for direct to PA or recording use.
Hank2k

Postby MikeAB » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:42 am

Tend to agree re the Actone being for use without amps - I've taken it out of my chain which already feeds either a VoxAC15VR or an Amplug AC30 which obviously both give amp simulation. It just didn't make the guitar sound right at any settings and I prefer to just use the Caline EQ. Currently thinking about trying it for recording as the amp simulator though - although the Amplug is great and will take some beating.
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby Garystrat » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi Mike

The problem your having with the Joyo Acetone (VOX amp emulation pedal) is by placing it front of either the VOX AC15 VR or Amplug, you are either putting in front of a VOX amp or in front of a VOX Amplug AC30, you should only have only have one in your chain at a time.

I have a Tech 21 "liverpool" pedal, this is the original the pedal the Joyo is based on, this is my preference to most software amp sims, but Positive Grid Amp comes pretty close.

Regards

Gary
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby dave robinson » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:04 am

Hank2k wrote:i personally wouldnt use the Joyo Actone with an amp. Its an Amp simulator so should be in place of an Amp for direct to PA or recording use.

Correct :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby MeBHank » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 am

I use the AC Tone every day in my care home/day centre performances. It's superb. My current AC30 is in for repair at the moment and the AC Tone has proved a great back-up option. I've used it on every gig for quite a while. It's capable of giving the depth and warmth that I need. Once upon a time I never imagined I'd say this, but it's so close to an AC30 and there's such a wide variety of tones available that I don't miss the amp at all.

Convenience-wise, the AC Tone means I can carry my whole guitar sound in the guitar case. It's also brilliant for open mic nights or in multi-act performances. I played at a beer festival a couple of months ago and I was able to slot straight in between the bands quickly without having to worry about setting up an amp or a mic. You just need the sound man to provide you with a flat EQ on a spare mixer channel. It sounds great through PA systems of any size.

It's also handy for gigs where a sharp onstage appearance is important. For my 'Shadowing Hank' tribute I'll either be using banner stands or my ex-BBC 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' giant Strat. An amp with a mic, with or without chrome stand, would clutter the visual.

Hear it in action here:

Setting are:
Low: just over half; Mid: 2 o'clock; High: full
Level: full; Voice: 2 o'clock; Drive: 8 o'clock

Bear in mind these settings may sound quite toppy if you don't have your Strat's bridge pickup wired to your tone pot.

HTH...

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Previous

Return to Gear