Joyo AC Tone settings

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Joyo AC Tone settings

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:08 pm

On another thread I told Ian Plant that it may not be possible to get the old Vox sound from the Joyo AC Tone , but I had a play with it and you can ! :)

Here are two pictures of my settings INTO A FLAT AMP (no bass, no treble)
Attachments
Joyo TOP BOOST.jpg
Joyo TOP BOOST.jpg (21.54 KiB) Viewed 23182 times
Joyo OLD VOX.jpg
Joyo OLD VOX.jpg (20.75 KiB) Viewed 23182 times
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: Joyo AC Tone settings

Postby noelford » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for that, Dave. There are a few differences there to my own experimental settings, so I'll look forward to trying them next time I set up my 'back-up' kit using the JOYO.

Cheers

Noel
noelford

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:14 pm

I suppose it largely depends on the 'flat tone' of any given amp or PA Noel. I have yet to try the whole thing with my Bose. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby C-C » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:36 pm

If the amp has a mid control what your opinion when using the Joyo ac tone.
Does the Mid control need to be full when bass and treble is off.
I got the pedal last year but not got round to trying it out yet.
C-C

Full Real Name: Carl Craig

Postby dave robinson » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:05 pm

C-C wrote:If the amp has a mid control what your opinion when using the Joyo ac tone.
Does the Mid control need to be full when bass and treble is off.
I got the pedal last year but not got round to trying it out yet.

I set my treble, middle and bass flat, that is none taken away and none added. You may need to tweak to your preference. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby C-C » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks Dave,
I got the Joyo ac tone about same time as I got my Bugera v22, I was so happy with amp tones
I was getting with the Bugera I put the Joyo to one side.
I have always gone for setting my tone controls to my own taste but kept hearing about a flat response.
I tried Ronnie Gustafsson sound with an old Nanoverb and RGE 10 EQ I have, but could not get the same sound I thought it was down to the tape echo he was using.
He mentioned turning down Bass and Treble But I was turning the Mid to full, So with now with your opinion in mind - next time I am messing about in my studio Ill try All amp controls flat --Thanks.
C-C

Full Real Name: Carl Craig

Postby dave robinson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 am

The thing with the Joyo AC Tone is if you are using it with an amp, set the amp to the sound you like fo what you are wanting to play with the pedal off, then use the pedal to change the tone to another sound. That means that you effectively have two different sounds. For example if I were to use my Vox AC-30 non Top Boost, I'd get the old 1960 sound on that, then add the Joyo to give me the Top Boost 1964 sound at the press of a switch. The other way round if I used by Top Boost amp, I'd set the amp to give the sound of 'Flingel Bunt' and compensate using the Joyo to get the old 'Apache' sound by removing the bass and some treble and adding the mid, wth the 'voice' and 'drive' to taste.
The Joyo can also make your guitar sound like either of the two Vox sounds I'm talking about when plugged directly into a PA mixer, you need to begin by setting the chanel flat i.e. no bass, mid or treble added to start with, dependent on the sound of the speakers. I find that reducing treble and bass and pushing the mid helps when horns and 15" speakers are present. You can then shape the Vox tone with the Joyo in a similar way to my settings in the photographs. Be aware that all PA speakers are slightly different and that my settings work on my kit, but may need more or less knob tweaking on your own gear to achieve the same sound. Most of all, enjoy the adventure. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Gary Allen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Do these give a dirty boost ? Im waiting to try one out. regards Gary
Gary Allen

Full Real Name: Gary Allen

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Yes Gary they have a gain control and volume output so will add dirt to the signal. If you want that overdriven sound from a cranked AC30 without actually turning an AC30 up full in the house this pedal does that. My little AC4 does too !
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Gary Allen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 pm

roger bayliss wrote:Yes Gary they have a gain control and volume output so will add dirt to the signal. If you want that overdriven sound from a cranked AC30 without actually turning an AC30 up full in the house this pedal does that. My little AC4 does too !

Thanks Roger.
Gary Allen

Full Real Name: Gary Allen

Next

Return to Gear