Bedroom player - equipment advice needed

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Bedroom player - equipment advice needed

Postby David Martin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:15 pm

You need to be careful that you have the right emulation on the Stanley. Those knobs are small and very sensitive...

If you don't like the recommended setting try something else... there is a whole world of echoes in that tiny box.

Bear in mind too, that the recording of Midnight is soaked in additional studio reverb too...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby chaddman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi I use a ZOOM 3X and get a good sound through a BUGERA V5 tube amp which has a headphone socket on it. Run an mp3 or cd and everything else through a cheap mixer and you should be OK. Cheers (my first post/reply).
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Postby Allclaphands » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:14 pm

David Martin wrote:You need to be careful that you have the right emulation on the Stanley. Those knobs are small and very sensitive...

If you don't like the recommended setting try something else... there is a whole world of echoes in that tiny box.

Bear in mind too, that the recording of Midnight is soaked in additional studio reverb too...

Could not agree more.I know it comes with a list of some recommended settings for certain tunes
but by trying and experimenting with it you can have a lot of fun and find the settings to suit your
own personal preferences you might find one or two settings which suits a number of tunes you play.
a lot of it is guide lines or suggested settings for tunes from other users.

Pete
Some people like to ROCK, Some people like to ROLL, What do YOU like to do?
Allclaphands

Full Real Name: Peter Bryan

Postby noelford » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Agreement, here, too. Infinite adjustment on those three knobs (Patch, Dry/Wet and Feedback), making it an extremely versatile on-the-fly echo. The guide setting are okay but tweaking as you go is quick and easy and I defy anyone not to be able to dial up a suitable echo with a bit of practice. For simplicity on a live gig, I've found a single basic setting, making adjustment to just the Dry/Wet control give me all the echoes I need.
noelford

Postby MikeAB » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:53 pm

For bedroom playing using headphones try mixing the guitar and backing tracks through a Vox Amplug AC30 - it's terrific and the best £30 I've spent on guitar accessories.
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby Snewzer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks to all for the latest contributions. Choice of gear just about settled now with AC4HW1, Stanley eTap, Zoom G3x and existing mim strat. Will have to experiment more with eTap as suggested, have been sticking rigidly with recommended settings.
Pete
Snewzer

Previous

Return to Gear