Vox VT15 Valvetronics

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Vox VT15 Valvetronics

Postby petercreasey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:15 pm

John Haldane wrote:Hi
I use the AD15, and for home use it perfect, there is plenty of volume to spare, if you need it.
Take care
John H

Me too, great piece of kit for home use
:D :D :D :D :D
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby David Martin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:42 am

And I use a DA5 in the lounge and put backing tracks through it too... just magic and only £75...

Plenty, plenty loud enough... Robbo's used one on stage amplified through his PA...

http://www.voxamps.com/uk/da-series/da5/
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Bluesnote » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Thats what I'm using here in Canada. I'm doing the same as you David with the backing tracks through it. At home I have a Bose sound system for the bt's so I thought maybe the small valve amp would improve my guitar sound conciderably. At the moment I've got the lot coming through the Bose system via a laptop and a toneport. The guitar sounds kinda muddy through this system although the bt's sound great, I feel that I'll get a better guitar clarity through a separate amp. I think the guitar kinda overloads the small Bose system a bit when its got to handle the lot,also I will be able to control the tone for the bt's better if thats all the system has to play.
We guitarists are never happy are we :lol:
Always striving for better sound :roll:
Bluesnote

Previous

Return to Gear