Zoom G3X settings

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom G3X settings

Postby Snewzer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:36 am

I have just trawled through all 49 pages of this forum so as not to duplicate a post but can't see anything that answers my question. Does anyone know the best effects settings to use on the Zoom G3X for shads sounds? I am thinking maybe spring reverb combined with some others.
Thanks in advance.
Pete
Snewzer

Re: Zoom G3X settings

Postby alanbakewell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 am

Good morning Pete.

Trawl no more mate. Do not fiddle, mess, faff about or twiddle knobs anymore.

Go www.hallsecho.com

Here you will find the answers you seek.

Tell Ross I sent you.

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby SJB » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:47 am

HI Pete,

If you just want to plug and play as it were then as Alan says you can purchase settings.
The G3X takes a little getting used to - but you can end up with some very nice sounds. But its good to understand how to program the unit as there are a multitude of effects you may want later which may not be covered in the purchased banks of patches.

I clarified programming the approach - thanks to
http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=G3 ( Just search for shadows)

And also some patches sent to me by Dave Robinson.

So if you want PM me and I will forward my set to get you going.

Stu
SJB

Full Real Name: Stuart J Best

Postby Snewzer » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:41 am

Thanks to both of you. Haven't had chance to play since but will check both of these out hopefully today.
Pete
Snewzer

Postby pauldb38 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi pete this is my first post to the forum but as i have this pedal so i thought i would reply.

I bought some patches from ebay and there very good. If you do a search for "Zoom G3(X) ART D’ECHO GENUINE Sound of the Shadows" there about £25.
Had mine for about a year now so don't know if they have been updated but either way you won't be disappointed.

Paul
pauldb38

Full Real Name: Paul Bulmer

Postby chaddman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:41 pm

+1 for the ART D`ECHO Patches I have had them for some time now and they are very good. :D
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Postby bridev » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:31 am

Hi Pete,
Like Paul and others I have the ART D'ECHO patches and they are good. However they take up all the space on the unit and many of them use identical settings. This means you have no space to create your own patches.
Me being me went through and identified all the patches with identical settings, made a note of the tunes they were used for and freed up a considerable amount of patches for experimenting.
I also have some of Dave's patches which are very good. You can PM me for details.
Hope this helps.

Brian
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Postby pauldb38 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:49 pm

bridev wrote:Hi Pete,
Like Paul and others I have the ART D'ECHO patches and they are good. However they take up all the space on the unit and many of them use identical settings. This means you have no space to create your own patches.
Me being me went through and identified all the patches with identical settings, made a note of the tunes they were used for and freed up a considerable amount of patches for experimenting.
I also have some of Dave's patches which are very good. You can PM me for details.
Hope this helps.

Brian

Brian could i pinch your hard work and have a copy of your list i would like to free up some space a well lol.

paul
pauldb38

Postby bridev » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Sure thing Paul. I will PM you with the list if that's OK. A bit busy right now but will do asap.

Cheers
Brian
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Postby pauldb38 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:04 pm

bridev wrote:Sure thing Paul. I will PM you with the list if that's OK. A bit busy right now but will do asap.

Cheers
Brian

Thanks so much Brian
pauldb38

Next

Return to Gear