amp with headphone output

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

amp with headphone output

Postby kipper » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:27 pm

hi all happy christmas. any ideas on a small amp that takes headphones, i want to play silently at night times at home. would a pod be a better idea? peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Re: amp with headphone output

Postby Twang46 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:35 pm

How about one of these ?

http://www.voxamps.com/da-series/

Minature ac30 look-a-like around £70 new, other models available in the same series

Dick
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby Bluesnote » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:44 pm

Yeah DA5 is an excellent choice for silent playing and whacking your backing tapes through as well.
Although for an extra few quid the VT series(which I'm going to invest in when I get back home) with a valve and better tone so I'm told, might be a better purchase, and I imagine it does the same with the phones and backing tracks?
Bluesnote

Postby kipper » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:21 pm

thanks for the replys i had heard a few good reports about the da series. what about the pathfinder? peter
kipper

Postby RUSSET » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 pm

I have a Vox Pathfinder 15, which I bought about six years ago. It is an excellent very loud practise amp with great tone.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby peter roest » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Try these,

Harley Benton GA 15, I have 2 of them, has headpone out (front), line out , send & return and all valve 2xECC83 and 2xEL84, lovely amp. It's an reliable amp, playing full evening live, without problems. Costs about 135 euro. Thomann Cyberstore, Germany.

DSCN0499.JPG
(117.31 KiB) Downloaded 16701 times

Peter
peter roest

Postby Didier » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:07 am

peter roest wrote:Harley Benton GA 15, I have 2 of them, has headpone out (front), line out , send & return and all valve 2xECC83 and 2xEL84, lovely amp. It's an reliable amp, playing full evening live, without problems. Costs about 135 euro. Thomann Cyberstore, Germany.

I have a friend who has one, and is quite happy with it. But the original 10" speaker is of average quality (which can be expected in a budget amplifier), it was tested with a Celestion G10 Vintage instead with much better results.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby peter roest » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 am

Hello Didier,

I tested a while ago the amp with the GSH 30 Vox Wharfedale speaker on the speaker output. The sound was clearly louder but not much better. I already did decide to buy 2 Jensens JCH 10-70 (is over 98 dB and have +100db for the lower frequencies).
Thanks for your remark.
ps the amp costs now 125,- Euro

Peter
peter roest

Postby noelford » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:59 pm

I recently upgraded my Roland Microcube to the Microcube RX.

I was so impressed, I wrote the following review:

The Roland Microcube RX is, quite simply, the best amp of its kind I have every used. To call this simply a practice amp is to greatly understate its performance and capabilities. The quality of the amp simulations and effects is outstanding and the total 5 watts output has to be heard to be believed: loud enough for a small club room with great tonal quality. In fact the sound quality is so good that I would happily use this amp miked-up in a large hall. Add to this the hugely comprehensive rhythm section and you have, in my opinion, an unbeatable package. On top of all this, it seems to run forever on the 6 rechargeable batteries I use in mine – so much so that I hardly ever bother to use the mains adapter that comes with the amp.
Last edited by noelford on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
noelford

Postby kipper » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:43 pm

thanks for all your replys. peter
kipper

Return to Gear