Marshall v fender amps

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Marshall v fender amps

Postby davidturner » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:18 pm

I have seen a couple of amplifiers for bass guitar in Dawsons music shop. Is there much of a difference? I have seen Marshall, Fender, and Stagg. They seem to be more in my price range ( up to £100 ) Any comments on these amps?
Cheers
davidturner

Re: Marshall v fender amps

Postby RUSSET » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:48 pm

David,
I can't think that you are going to get a bass amp that is going to be much fit for purpose for less than £100. I have a Roland Bass Cube 30, which is excellent for the money, & cost me about £170 about 4 years ago. They may be a bit more expensive now. It is plenty powerful enough for home/rehearsal use & sounds really good. My brother plays bass in my band, & has several bass amps for sale at the moment. If you are interested in contacting him, Email at :
chrisrussell@blueyonder.co.uk

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby davidturner » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks for the info. I am just a beginner. The amp I got with the bass guitar kit is only 10watts! and the speaker in it is only about 4 or 5 inches. When practicing along with a tutorial CD I have to run it full tilt and it sounds like the little speaker is having a fit! But my budget is still max £100.
Thanks David.
davidturner

Postby JimTidmarsh » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:59 am

David

I'm a part time bassist and swear by my Behringer.

Have a look here http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Ba ... ss-Amp/7EN

...but beware, they are very heavy !!
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby davidturner » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks for your input. the wife has got me a Stagg 60w bass amp for Christmas. It is very good. with the volume at only 2-3 (goes to 10) it is rarreling the timbers in the kitchen roof!!!!!!!!! If anyone is looking for a budget bass amp I would recommend it.
David.
davidturner

Postby RUSSET » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Long may your timbers rattle, David. I'm glad you got what you wanted.

Tony.
RUSSET

Re: Nice little bassamp

Postby Mr Bison » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Well of course personal taste is always different, but find Hartke-amplifiers very good. Nice punch, especially the "kick-back" models. Perhaps something to check out?
Markku
Mr Bison

Return to Gear