BLUE NEB power supply ??

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

BLUE NEB power supply ??

Postby keithmantle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Who does a 12v DC Centre Pos 2.1 mm power supply, Maplins do one but its 500 m-amp, will this work or do i need at least 1 Amp ? Thanks
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Re: BLUE NEB power supply ??

Postby Hank2k » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Keith

I have brought the Maplins one, i think it is £9.99 and it is 500Ma but it works fine for me.

Quoted from the Stanley FX website

"The Blue Nebula requires a power supply that is 12v DC with 2.1mm CENTRE POSITIVE TIP. The current rating should be 500mA or above."
Hank2k

Postby keithmantle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks Steve, I bought a 1amp but can return it tomorrow, i wish the screen would tell when its initiallizing i thought mine was broke, and i must change W/L echo it don't sound right !!. Is your TVS on the Aussie repair bench ?. Cheers Keith
keithmantle

Postby Hank2k » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi Keith

No the TVS is working fine now again but to be honest i dont use it a great deal. I hate rack mounted things as they take up stacks of space etc and i quite like a clean setup so live i now use either the meazzi etap or the blue nebula straight in to my AC15 heritage.

The TVS still has something in it that none of the others can match especially on Apache but for the difference live unless i was playing a gig on a big stage etc with plenty of room then it just gets used at home for recording.
Hank2k

Postby scmitche » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:41 pm

keithmantle wrote:Thanks Steve, I bought a 1amp but can return it tomorrow, i wish the screen would tell when its initiallizing i thought mine was broke, and i must change W/L echo it don't sound right !!. Is your TVS on the Aussie repair bench ?. Cheers Keith

Hi Keith, The 1amp supply will be fine providing it's 12V regulated and has the correct +ve centre pin plug of 5.5mm outside diameter and 2.1mm diameter centre pin.

Could I ask what you're hearing in the Wonderful Land patch that's different from your Eccamatic? This particular patch hasn't been changed from the one in your Eccamatic valve version. Any Feedback on perceived problems and possible solutions as you edit the patch would be most welcome. If you could supply a simple sound file using only damped notes then Piet Verbruggen says he could analyse it to do a proper check for you.

Kind Regards,
Steve Mitchell
scmitche

Full Real Name: Steve Mitchell

Postby keithmantle » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi Steve, I've been using the vox long Tom with the 3 controls set at about 1 to 1-30 (clock face) and I think it gives a much more authentic ripple effect, especially the muted parts .I took the 1amp power back to maplins and got the 500 Ma and it comes with a 2.1 end so you don't have to worry about the connection working loose + its £3 cheaper !!.I've tried a similar 3 control setting with the BN and to my ears sounds better than the stored patch.I'm sure someone will say I've got duff ears LoL (which I have !)
keithmantle

Postby scmitche » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi Keith,
Glad you've sorted out the power supply, 500mA is more than enough current for the BN.

I think I may need to PM you about the Wonderful Land patch as Hank definitely used the Meazzi Echomatic II unit and I'm struggling to understand how the different and equally spaced head delay timings of the VOX Long Tom could be made to work convincingly. I just tried the BN W/L patch for Echomatic II Classic set as Heads1/2/3 on 30, Head4 on 54 and Feedback on 40 and I thought it was OK. Perhaps you could post the Vox Long Tom 3-control settings then I can study the computer code to try to understand.

Kind Regards,
Steve
scmitche

Full Real Name: Steve Mitchell

Postby keithmantle » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:38 am

Hi Steve, pm me your email as I'm not so hot doing sound files, I'll send a photo of controls, cheers keith
keithmantle

Return to Gear