Catalinbread Echorec Multi-Tap Echo Pedal.

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Catalinbread Echorec Multi-Tap Echo Pedal.

Postby eadgbe » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:21 am

Has any one tried this pedal yet? It's reported to be very good. If someone has one can they please let me know how it performs.

Many Thanks, Bob.
eadgbe

Re: Catalinbread Echorec Multi-Tap Echo Pedal.

Postby dave robinson » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:56 pm

I have one and it is supetb. Does exactly what the Binson did, most Shadows echoes available and it's a great sounding pedal too. Recommended. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby John Boyd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello Dave,
I'm also looking at this pedal and remember your very positive review some months ago.
If I chose this route, would there be any chance you could assist with some suggested settings?
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby paulgshaw » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 am

dave robinson wrote:I have one and it is supetb. Does exactly what the Binson did, most Shadows echoes available and it's a great sounding pedal too. Recommended. :thumbup:

I concur with Dave, I replaced my Binson Echorec with this pedal and it is excellent, well priced and doesn't need any maintenance, unlike the real thing.....recommended....Paul
paulgshaw

Full Real Name: ....................

Postby dave robinson » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:47 am

John Boyd wrote:Hello Dave,
I'm also looking at this pedal and remember your very positive review some months ago.
If I chose this route, would there be any chance you could assist with some suggested settings?
Cheers,
JB

I'll happily tell you how I set mine up John, although I can't lay my hands on it at the moment.
There are twelve head settings clearly marked out on the unit and these are described in the instructions as to which heads are in play for each setting. If I remember correctly I use all four heads (position 12 ) for Wonderful Land, Dance On, Peace Pipe, Kon Tiki, The Savage etc and just vary the echo level, feedback and speed.
Apache, MOM, Frightened City, The Stranger, FBI et al uses patch 10, which are heads 1-3-4 and you again use the speed and feedback and echo level for the desired sound. For a rock & roll Scotty Moore sound I use position 1, which is the first head which, at the correct speed gives a 'slapback'. There are twelve combinations all together, along with feedback, echo volume, wow & flutter and tone. By playing around with these you can cover almost anything that you have heard on record.
It's a case of playing with it and experimenting to get sounds that you like, but I have given you the Shadows settings to get you started. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby John Boyd » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:57 am

Dave,
Thank you very much for that information. I am now much closer to pushing the 'buy now' button.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby eadgbe » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks for the info Dave, any idea as to how it compares to the Stanley FX Blue nebular pedal?

Bob.
eadgbe

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:07 pm

eadgbe wrote:Thanks for the info Dave, any idea as to how it compares to the Stanley FX Blue nebular pedal?

Bob.

Sorry no, because I don't have one to compare.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby AlanMcKillop » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:39 am

Thanks for the info Dave, any idea as to how it compares to the Stanley FX Blue nebular pedal?

Having previously owned the Catalinbread Echorec and now using the Blue Nebula, the BN is by far the best imho. It has a great sound, is more versatile for editing and storing your own patches, so it is well worth the extra £'s.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby eadgbe » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:17 am

Dave and Alan, Many thanks for your replies to my questions. I've been trying to make up my mind as to which of these pedals will do the best job when recording, IE low noise levels.
Has anyone else had any experience with these two pedals when recording?

Bob.
eadgbe

Next

Return to Gear