Any review on Blue nebula

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Any review on Blue nebula

Postby Egelund » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi all

Maybe it is just me wondering.
When new products come on the market, it is quite interesting to read competent and neutral reviews from other guitar players.

But you don.t seem to get any reviews here.
When the H&C unit was launched, you got a lot of exited, but short comments, from people who had been waiting for the final echo unit.
But really I have only seen one decent review on YT.

Now you have this Blue Nebula out, and here you don.t event get the exited comments.

I had the H&C and have the BN, which I test at this moment, trying to get it right for my own demand.

Still a real review would be nice.

Regards
Niels
Egelund

Full Real Name: Niels Egelund faddersbøll

Re: Any review on Blue nebula

Postby Hank2k » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:30 am

Hi Niels

I've been using the Blue Nebula pretty extensively since i received it some months ago.

Personally i rate it really well although the standard factory presets need tweaking for my own ear and i am a little disappointed you cant change the head timings etc but that is aside its a great piece of kit at a competitive price.

Its the unit i now use for all gigs and for recordings and a quick check of my recent Youtube videos should give you an indication.

To be honest when you compare them all and i am talking about the main 5 units there really inst a massive difference in them, each has its perks and each negatives. Personally i believe that the key isnt necessarily in the echo but more in the EQ settings.

My personal opinion for order of echos would be as below but i have achieved really good results to my ears with any of them.

Zoom G3
Alesis Q2
Blue Nebula
Hall and Collins
TVS3

Hope this helps, of course these views are my own and others may differ

Thanks
Hank2k

Re: Any review on Blue nebula

Postby Egelund » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Steve

Thank you for you reply, and for sharing your experience..
I would think that though we all give our personal view, it would still help others, in some way.

I have heard your YT, they are great.

What I have done is two things.
First I added reverb, simply by connecting the BN to my Magicstomp and using the abbey road reverb.
Second I have increased the amount of MIX in all the 21 factory settings , give the sound just a bit more size and not being so dry as the standard settings.

This is not a "wall to wall" echo unit, but if that is what you want, I would think that using the patches from manuel mode , Echomatic II and Vox long Tom, you could edit in that directions, but I hav not tried it yet.
Your list of echo machines favoured, is interesting, and the higher placing, the higher price.

I have not had the TVS, but I had the Atlantis 1 and the Amtech age pro, and various others.
Some were a good as other players said, some were not, and again some were much better.

Regards
Niels
Egelund

Full Real Name: Niels Egelund faddersbøll

Return to Gear