Fiesta Red, Flamingo pink...or colour filter on cameras?

For anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units inc eTap plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Fiesta Red, Flamingo pink...or colour filter on cameras?

Postby RayL » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:12 am

As Hank said on the radio programme It Was In Tune When I Bought It "the body was coloured flamingo pink, not an unsubtle red".

That's good enough for me.
Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Re: Fiesta Red, Flamingo pink...or colour filter on cameras?

Postby Graylion » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Absolutely scouserjoe - except they WERE pink in 1962! My memory is in handling and playing them (briefly) in 1962. Two were new in music shops and one was a potential rhythm guitarist's, who we auditioned for my 'Group'. I have an idetic memory for colours and can see the 'pink' right now - honest! :D I never saw the Shadows live in that period so I can't say much about Hank's Strat. Anyway, the Srats available then were definitely not red!

As has been said, colour is really a reflection, filtered from whatever the original light source is. A good example of how that works is with some "white" LEDs which have a strong blue bias. You can put a red filter or lens over them and they are still blue/white because there is no red in the light source. With those you need a red LED behind a red filter to give a red light - as with car or motorcycle rear lights. Our Sun has all the colours in the rainbow, by definition, but artificial light has varying colours. Famously, fluorescent light is predominantly green
so anything viewed under it will be tinted. The human brain "translates" the colours we see though, so it will "correct" some. The phrase "The camera never lies" has never been more UNTRUE! :lol:
Graylion

Previous

Return to Gear