Zoom G3 effects pedal

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom G3 effects pedal

Postby Amputee » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi Guys, I'm new here. Question I would like to ask and if anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

As soon as I received my new G3,(which I tediously saved up for), I immediately attemted an upgrade from my "V1" to the "V2" series.
In this process I did something wrong and the G3 just froze with a message on the middle screen : "Preset Error!" "Model different".
This is a brand new pedal and I wouldn't like to just throw it in the dustbin, because my technical abilities leaves a lot to be desired.
Pleaaase help so I can just have the pedal working normal again, like before the upgrade attempt.
Thanks guys looking forward being with you here in future. My purpose for this attempt: Ross Hall can on only provide The Shadows patches programming for the V2
version, and I wasn't aware of this. Only after payment for the patches was I told, but I got my money back, good people, Ross Hall and Charlie Hall.
Amputee

Re: Zoom G3 effects pedal

Postby RayL » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:20 am

Mine is the G2 rather than the G3, but I'm guessing that the G3 will have a similar 'Restoring Factory Defaults' feature.

On the G2 you turn it on while holding down the 'Store' key (indication 'AL' appears on the display)
Then press the Store key once more.

As your G3 is new you should have the handbook. Look down the Contents for 'Restoring Factory Defaults'.

Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Re: Zoom G3 effects pedal

Postby Hank2k » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 am

Hi and welcome to the forum

I have just had to do this to my own G3 recently. You need to put the unit in to the update mode and to do this you need to switch it off then press and hold the up and down bank buttons on the top of the unit and then switch on. This should allow you to do the updates. Where abouts are you located?

Thanks
Hank2k

Return to Gear