Post to Echotapper (Piet Verbruggen)re: Kemper Profiling Amp

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Post to Echotapper (Piet Verbruggen)re: Kemper Profiling Amp

Postby PCB » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello Piet,

I know of you through your Echotapper website. I would have contacted you there, but could not find a registration page.
I have also tried facebook.

I play shadows songs and have had a Yamaha Magicstomp and the relevant JPatch library for several years for which I thank you and Jacob Heijer very much indeed.

I also have a Kemper Profiling Amp which now includes a digital 4 head delay module following a recent software update.
I could place the Magicstomp in the Kemper FX loop but would prefer to use the internal delay module of the Kemper to keep things simple
The Kemper delay will accept many of the parameters set in the JPatches which I can view in the Magicstomp editor (although there is only one global feedback control in the Kemper).
I have already got a few prototypes of my favourite echoes working well.

2 Questions:

Firstly, if I translate some (and possibly all) of the Magicstomp JPatch settings to the Kemper ("KPatches"?), is it OK to share them on the Kemper user forum?
Secondly, if that is OK, is there a spreadsheet or database available of JPatch settings for Magicstomp to save me checking eight pages in the Magicstomp Editor for each patch?

I hope this is not asking too much.
I have no intention of making money out of this, but hope to introduce The Shadows' Music and classic echoes to yet another audience.
Many thanks,
Paul Button
PCB

Re: Post to Echotapper (Piet Verbruggen)re: Kemper Profiling

Postby Echotapper » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi Paul,
There is no problem at all sharing patches based on our JPatches to other systems. A good help would be to instal my ɘTap2 VST module to your PC as by selecting a particular patch the values per head are readable. It is even possible, I think to download the settings into a file to make it with more detail but also a bit 'over the top'. Let me know how you're progressing.

As most of the Shadows patches are grouped my suggestion is to start firstly with the Echomatic-II set as it represents up to 70% of them with only a handfull settings. Then, Apache and it's family of 7-8 patches.

A possible help would be https://www.dropbox.com/s/xywy3u2pf1uv7 ... e.gif?dl=0

Kind regards,

Piet
Echotapper

Return to Gear