Hank Plays Live - Pedalboard.

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank Plays Live - Pedalboard.

Postby TimRyland » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Just watching Hank Plays Live and I noticed he had a fairly substantial pedalboard. There's obviously a volume pedal on it as you can see him using it at the end of Sleepwalk. He also uses it during Sacha.

I just wondered if anyone knew what his set-up was during this period.

I thought he was using a Matchless DC30 and Roland 301/501, but may be wrong. I'm guessing that just one patch was used for all songs, but once again, could be wrong on this as well.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Re: Hank Plays Live - Pedalboard.

Postby Didier » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:04 am

TimRyland wrote:I thought he was using a Matchless DC30 and Roland 301/501, but may be wrong. I'm guessing that just one patch was used for all songs, but once again, could be wrong on this as well.

He did use a pair of 301, one active and one spare, He sometimes alter settings according to tunes (there are no stored patches on a 301).

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby bor64 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Tim,

You've ask this same question a month ago on a other shad site also and I gave you this answer....never seen a replay on it.

It was a ART X-15 Ultrafoot foorswitchboard only used to switch on the ADA MP-2 pre-amp and/or a Marshall JF X1 signal processor...the pedals he didn't use.
The volume pedal was a just a BOSS FV-300H.
There was also a small ART X-11 up front on stage next to Hank for Ben to switch things when he played a duet with his dad.

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Postby TimRyland » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:18 am

Rob,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't reply on the other site.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Return to Gear