Echos Binson and Evans

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Echos Binson and Evans

Postby Billyboygretsch » 29 Apr 2017, 12:51

I bought a job lot of stuff and am not aware of a couple of echos in the purchase. I am familiar with some Binson but not this particular model. Can any one shed any light on these models and approx prices as will be moving them on.
Thanks
Attachments
2017-04-29 12.15.17.jpg
(143.85 KiB) Downloaded 5022 times
2017-04-29 12.16.16.jpg
(136.57 KiB) Downloaded 5022 times
Billyboygretsch

Re: Echos Binson and Evans

Postby cockroach » 29 Apr 2017, 18:24

Regarding the Evans echo unit, all I know is that they came out in the late '70's /early '80's from Japan.....I had an earlier smaller simpler Evans unit here in Australia- used to use it patched into our band PA at the time (early '90's) and occasionally for guitar use- it was quite good quality and reliable.

In the late '70',s I also had an Evans 50w 1x12 guitar amp- it was essentially a transistor copy of a Mesa Boogie (it had a built in graphic EQ etc) - it was also of good quality and I used it for years..

No idea about prices or values nowadays- sorry!- but some folk collect such outdated analogue gear these days I believe...and although I believe that sort of gear has some intrinsic value if it is still functional and of reasonable quality, I suspect most folks would not be interested - what with all the mass of digital stuff, much of which can be downloaded etc..
cockroach

Postby paulgshaw » 02 May 2017, 09:38

Hi Bill, The Evans isn't that sought after but should bring at least £100 on EBay.....

The Binson is a bit of a find......assuming that it is in good working order....the E4T is quite a rare model from the early 70's

One sold in Italy recently for €1500......so,you should get a good price for it.....

Sound Gas would probably buy it from you for a fair price....even if it is not working......

Cheers, Paul.....
paulgshaw

Postby Billyboygretsch » 03 May 2017, 07:05

Thanks for your comments Paul. Cheers
Billyboygretsch

Return to Guitars and Gear