Ernie Ball Paradigm Strings

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Ernie Ball Paradigm Strings

Postby anniv 63 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Just wondered if anyone here has tried this new variant of Slinky Strings?
Web reviews seem to range from brilliant to bloody awful with little inbetween positive!!!
The company hype cant be relied on, and the guarantee string replacement if it breaks seems
more hassle in claiming than its worth.
At about £16 a set you dont want an expensive disaster!!!
Having said that, I personally have found their Cobalt Slinkys very good and durable in tone lasting terms,
and at around £10 good value for about 15 months life span average

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Re: Ernie Ball Paradigm Strings

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:45 pm

In my opinion, strings is a very small part of the Shadows sound. All my guitars are strung with 10s (I've even used 9s on one occasion when I'd just bought a guitar and had no time to change the strings before the next Shadows Club meeting!). I only use D'Addarios for the simple reason that they stay in tune and last the longest.

I have one Strat that uses 12s, with a plain 3rd - I've tried them with a wound 3rd, but it tends to make that string sound weak. Again, D'Addarios.

I certainly wouldn't pay £16 for a set, unless they were pure gold.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Re: Ernie Ball Paradigm Strings

Postby cockroach » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Uncle Fiesta wrote:In my opinion, strings is a very small part of the Shadows sound. All my guitars are strung with 10s (I've even used 9s on one occasion when I'd just bought a guitar and had no time to change the strings before the next Shadows Club meeting!). I only use D'Addarios for the simple reason that they stay in tune and last the longest.

I have one Strat that uses 12s, with a plain 3rd - I've tried them with a wound 3rd, but it tends to make that string sound weak. Again, D'Addarios.

I certainly wouldn't pay £16 for a set, unless they were pure gold.

Regarding your first comment...

No strings = No music at all!

I think strings are fairly important to any guitar! :D
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Return to Gear