NEw Burns UK Custom Shop

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

NEw Burns UK Custom Shop

Postby Billyboygretsch » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 am

Strange Burns have a factory in China producing Custom Elite Models for a few years. Has anyone yet tried any of the IK built Custom Shop models . I really like the flamed top green Dream but wonder can it be worth over double the price of a Chinese model ?
Attachments
IMG_5760.JPG
(326.12 KiB) Downloaded 4107 times
Billyboygretsch

Full Real Name: Bill Lovegrove

Re: NEw Burns UK Custom Shop

Postby kevinr » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:30 pm

I think that any custom shop guitar is well overpriced take a look at Fender and Gibson they must be laughing all the way to the bank!
kevinr

Full Real Name: kevin ryan

Re: NEw Burns UK Custom Shop

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:14 pm

I disagree, if you're getting an instrument that has been hand built by a dedicated master craftsmen giving it his undivided attention, you must expect to pay substantially more than one built on a production line by an uninterested drone who is only there for the wage packet. To say nothing of the greater quality of the materials and components.

(Having said that I've lost count of the number of people I've seen playing custom shop guitars with expensive pickups, gold plated hardware, special tremolo arms etc, whose money would have been much better spent on a few lessons. So to each his own.)
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Return to Gear