Trio Band Creator

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Trio Band Creator

Postby RayL » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:59 am

Instant bass and drums backing for a Shadows instrumental where you know the chord sequence but don't have a backing track? Or simply want to noodle around a 12-bar with bass and drums that won't want a tea break after half an hour? There's a pedal that will do it now.
These days clever electronics can listen to guitar chords and work out what they are - G major, A minor etc. It's used in vocal harmoniser pedals.
This Trio Band Creator translates the chords into a bass guitar sequence and also works out the tempo and the rhythm for a drum kit.
Trio Band Creator.JPG
Trio Band Creator.JPG (94.91 KiB) Viewed 5155 times

Once the pedal has 'listened' to your chord sequence it will play it back instantly as bass and drums and you can play around with the tempo, genre and style. It'll never be exactly the way Jet or Licorice or Tony or Brian played it but it's not bad.

Introduced last year, it cost a couple of hundred notes but now that Digitech have brought out a 'Plus' version the basic Trio has tumbled to £47 at some places and I even got mine on 'special offer' for £39.99. Unless you need a Looper (the main addition in the Plus) it's a nifty way of getting a backing.
There's a three-button foot pedal you can buy for £23 that saves bending down to adjust some of the controls.
Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Re: Trio Band Creator

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:52 pm

There's now a version of it called the Trio+ which includes a looper, so you put your guitar parts into it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2eu03_oxY

(Must admit I wondered why it was called a Trio when it only gave you two instruments.)
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby RayL » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am

Uncle Fiesta wrote:(Must admit I wondered why it was called a Trio when it only gave you two instruments.)

Err - could it be that your guitar, with bass and drums, becomes a trio? . . . .

(and with a TC-Helicon Harmoniser GTX (uses clever electronics to produce great vocal harmonies with reverb) you can be a vocal trio backed by an instrumental trio!
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby cockroach » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Uncle Fiesta wrote:There's now a version of it called the Trio+ which includes a looper, so you put your guitar parts into it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2eu03_oxY

(Must admit I wondered why it was called a Trio when it only gave you two instruments.)

Did I also hear an acoustic rhythm guitar on your demo? Did you play that separately and dub it on or was that the pedal?
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Return to Gear