Mustang III amplifier

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Mustang III amplifier

Postby artyman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

I have recently joined this forum and I am trying to get a decent Shadows sound from my Mustang Amplifier. This player uses the same kit that I have, and I've downloaded loads of patches from the Fender Fuse Website as he states he uses, and tried them all, but cannot get the sound. If anyone can offer any help in this direction it would be appreciated.

Here is a link to one of his many videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF0OMfkdrJo
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Re: Mustang III amplifier

Postby Tigerdaisy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Amazingly at this point 69 people have viewed your post with not one answer for you! I don't think an acceptable Shadows sound is too difficult on most amplifiers. How you play is more important and your ability with the trem arm. The other main thing is echo or delay- many all in one combos don't have terribly versatile settings for delay, although you'll get a generic echo effect which will do the job- better to buy a stand alone fx unit like a Boss or Zoom which are much more adjustable. As for the basic amp sound, it needs to be clean and not too much bass- use your ears, a lot depends on where you plan to play and if you are playing with other musicians.
If you search, there's a huge amount of info on this site re Shadows sound. I don't think you need to get too precious about all the very finer details however.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby Hank2k » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:56 pm

I used a mustang 2 for quite some time. I found the fender amp models better to my ears than the vox models. I used a Zoom G3x with Halls Echos and with a tad extra reverb i got a really good sound.
Hank2k

Postby artyman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks for the replies I'll give the Fender amp models another look and experiment more with the tone controls. Playing to backing tracks at the moment
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Return to Gear