Daion Savage Guitar

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Daion Savage Guitar

Postby anniv 63 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:13 pm

My Gas Service Engineer who collects odd looking guitars etc, showed me of these last week.
I have to say it has surprisingly clean and warm Strat tones despite being fitted with only
2 block type pickups.
These models possibly originate from the Japanese Fuji Gen factory around 1980, and the neck
is nice and extremely playable.
They appear to be as rare as hens teeth, but anyone who looks round second hand /junk shops
or suchlike, could indeed maybe find a real bargain as did my man!!!
Some Daion history on the net but a bit patchy at times

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Re: Daion Savage Guitar

Postby RUSSET » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 am

I had a Daion Performer Strat copy, which I bought new in B'ham, UK around 1970s-1980s for £120. It was quite a nice guitar in Sunburst with an excellent maple neck with a large '70s style headstock. The bridge & Tremelo arm were a bit large & clunky compared to a Fender, but it played & sounded OK. I have since, sold it on to a friend, as I replaced it with a genuine Fender. Not a bad guitar though, & it was made in Japan by a company called Yamaki.

Tony.
RUSSET

Return to Gear